Solved

FRAUD. Ive had a contract taken out in my name

• 6 August 2023
  • 6 replies

I’ve reported this at the end of June. I’ve contacted ID with the action fraud number and I have been given a fraud number by yourselves. I have still not received any response from yourselves. I have tried countless times to get this removed from my credit score, as I am now now able to take a new contract out. I tried to get a new contract with yourselves and it have been denied

can any one help as I’m fed up of trying to call with no resolution 

thank you 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 August 2023, 16:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Victoria g,

I’m really sorry to hear you’ve fallen victim to fraud.

If you have reported this, then you would have been advised that this investigation takes up to 30-days.

Once confirmed as fraudulent, the Fraud Team will send a letter to you confirming any action taken.

If it’s surpassed 30-days, please let us know.

Mohammed

Thank you for your reply. It was reported at the end of June. I have made several phone calls but it still isnt getting resolved. It’s affecting me getting another contract 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Victoria g 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Someone has set up an ID Mobile account fraudulently using my details and this has now been added to my credit file impacting my credit score and affecting my job, I need to get this sorted ASAP as do not want to be in a position where i lose my job becsuse of my credit report. I have set up a report on the police action fraud website but would like ID Mobile to get to the bottom of this as well, and from looking on here seems quite a few people are have the same issues with identity theft. This is unacceptable and ID mobile should be carrying out further checks on people when they are taking out any sort of financial agreement.

Hi Greg

I had 4 mobile phones taken out in my name in one day. I can't understand how this is allowed to happen and more checks should be made. Just be persistent and keep on at the companies. I had trouble with o2 and it had taken them 6 months to sort. But my credit score is still impacted now. Keep a record of all the contact. I've had to go to the financial ombudsman because of o2 taken so long

hope it gets resolved soon 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Greg Bentley,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. We’ll need to raise this case with the fraud department internally. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?