Question

Fraudulent Upgrade on ny account

• 19 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a £10 a month SIM only contract paid by direct debits originally (since cancelled due to the fraud).

In February 2024 I realised I had been paying £41.99 a month since October 2023. I checked my ID Mobile app and saw that my address had been changed to an address in Coventry (I live in Devon) and my email address was a couple letters different.  I then saw that my account had been upgraded in October hence why my bill had gone up. 

I contacted ID Mobile by live chat. What a painful experience that is!!

After some to-ing and fro-ing my account got changed back to £10 a month but I am still out of pocket for the £31.99 a month I overpaid since the date of the fraud until I noticed it. Since then I have started several live chats and have ultimately lodged it as a complaint but I just am not feeling sufficiently reassured that anyone is actually taking it seriously or doing any kind of investigation to show that quite clearly I did not request this upgrade. 

As a Police Inspector often utilising phone enquiries to locate high risk missing people and suspects I know the technology is there to prove I could not of been the person who requested this fraud or received the handset. It is entirely illogical.

I just want someone to look at it with a sensible head on and refund me the hundred odd pounds that I am out of pocket.

The password on my account was sufficiently complex that it would not be guessable even by people who know me (and I don't know anyone in Coventry anyway!) so the issue clearly lies with the fact that ID mobile security is insufficient to prevent hackers accessing online accounts. 

Please please can I have some help with this. I can't afford to lose that money. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Clark Raahs 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?