Question

Fraudulent Use of my Details

• 14 February 2022
  • 6 replies

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a letter regarding an account that has been set up in my name. I have recently been a victim of identity theft and have had lots of mobile phone contracts and storecards set up using my details with various providers. 

i have set up an account with Action Fraud

How do I go about reporting this and get the account closed?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @mjayt7,

You’ll need an Action Fraud case reference.

Provide your case number, when contacting iD via a PM on one of their social media channels:

1. Facebook
  2. twitter

There should be iD agents 8am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 5:30pm weekends.

Otherwise, hang on for an iD agent to reply to this post in due course.

Anyway, hope you get it sorted - good luck.

Hi Ande,

Registered with Action Fraud and reference is NFRC220205021834.

Mobile fraudulently obtained is [EDIT].

Account details for payments are false.

Your letter 4/2/22 refers.

Please advise,

Michael

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @mjayt7, I’m not an iD Mobile employee, so it’s a question of waiting for someone from iD to respond in due course.

Nothing happens in real-time in the iD community, so if you need a faster response, I suggest sending a PM using the iD social media channels - facebook or Twitter.  

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi  @mjayt7, sorry to hear about this. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

@Rory hi can I please have assistance, I have had a letter today regarding a default notice for a payment, for an account which I have not created and is fraudulent activity with my details I need the account blocked and canceled immediately- account number is - 12593350 

This is 1/ 5 phone lines that have been opened In my name recently and I have a fraud crime reference number - NFRC22030506313 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Charlie warren

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?