Full refund not given.

• 14 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

When I first signed up with this company I had ordered a phone on a contract and a SIM only along with it both under my name and address.

I thought great as it’s a lot cheaper than any other company.

It was recommended by a friend as she knew a lot of people talking about it well within 2 days I wanted out due to hassle with this company.

I was told by a member of the staff at this company I was going to have a full refund and all charges will be waived due to the hassle I’ve had.

I’ve received the refund for the price of the phone I had paid up front for yesterday, then today I’ve got 2 different charges on my bank statement so these fees haven’t been waived.

I’ve also received a email saying that I have a outstanding balance of £144.55 on the SIM only plan that I had ordered.

What makes it worse is I’ve had to open up a second email address just because I’ve got a second sim it’s as if this company doesn’t have the software to cope with putting 2 lines under one account.

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like the SIM only order was cancelled and not processed as a return @Peter Mills

Within the iD Mobile terms, it states line rental charges for a new connection begin on the date a SIM card is dispatched - because their SIM card has been connected to the network at dispatch (the SIM card is active and ready to use).

Even if you return an order within the cooling off period, iD Mobile still charge line rental up to the point of disconnection. 

Perhaps OFCOM will look into such practices while they consider regulation of annual price increases (typically CPI + 3.9%). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Peter Mills 

If you’ve been charged the full fee of the contract it would as @andewhite suggests sound like a return hasn’t been processed but just a normal cancellation.

I can see we’ve already been in contact in private messages about this, should you need further support, please let us know there.

Tom

Userlevel 1

The reason why I’m writing all of this on the community site is so at least this way people that are thinking of moving over to this company can actually see the hassle I’ve had and the potential of what they may have if they did think of becoming a customer of iD mobile.

Thank you for both of you reply’s @andewhite and yourself @Tom  but I’m really getting P**SED OFF with this company as I’ve explained all of this before.

Both lines have been cut off the phone has been returned and there’s a fee on there that I was told would be waived.

I’ve gave my new network the PUK code that I had asked for 12 days ago and only got that yesterday and I’ve been told by them if the number isn’t transferred by Tuesday to get back in touch with them so I’m now walking around with 2 phones on me. 

The SIMO plan was cut off before the phone was and I was told to get rid of sim so I have but now I’m back at square one.

I’ve never had to write or phone a company this much to complain to something sorted out before this really is becoming a joke.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Peter Mills,

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We will get back to you as soon as possible via PM.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?