Question

Give me a Pac Code

Userlevel 1

I ported my number over to iDMobile 1 week ago.

iDMobile Sim Card does not work in my phone, Xiaomi Mi10T Pro (even though being less than 2 years old).

Tried the Sim Card in my Wifes phone, Samsung S21 FE 5G, which is on the acceptable device list. But it still did not work.

I have asked iDMobile to Terminate my contract, and give me the PAC Code. They said they will Terminate the Contact, but to produce the PAC Code they said I need the iDMobile App or Text. Basically this: 

To have an iDMobile App or doing it by Text, it sends you a secret code to the Sim Number in question, therefore it does not work with me as it does not work on my devices.

Can anyone solve this issue, because clearly the incompetent iDMobile Customer Service cannot solve this issue even I have talked with them 3 times.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @GiveMeAPacCode,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with getting a PAC code.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Any updates @Mohammed ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can get a PAC from iD using the live chat service, or ask the iD social media customer support team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message) for assistance.

Good luck @GiveMeAPacCode

Userlevel 1

@andewhite The Live Chat could not help, so they created a Complaint Ticket and said they will contact me, which they have not.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD cannot refuse to give you a PAC but without a working iD SIM card it’ll trickier to get.

Have you asked the iD social media team?

I think iD’s complaint process allows them 5 days before responding, not great if you’re keen to leave the network.

I wonder what OFCOM would say?

Userlevel 1

I have not contacted their social media team. Do you have their links?

When talking with their customer service team, I did mention it does go against OFCOM rules and even quoted a paragraph from their site.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switching/switching-mobile-phone-provider

To switch on the text service you need a working sim card. However, OFCOM says the:

“You can also request your PAC via your online account on your provider's website. When you do this, your provider must provide your PAC within one minute, just as they would if you requested it by text.”

iDMobile have said basically to get the App or Website Account you still need access to your sim card, as it sends a security code required for the signup process.

I told iDMobile, since I cannot access the Sim card they should create the account for me, bypassing the security code check, and do a password reset so I can change the password for the account. Then I will do a PAC Code Request from that side.

I have used Mobile Phones and tried many networks for over 19 years, but this is the first time this issue has happened.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try asking iD social media customer support team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message) for assistance.

Alternatively, just request a replacement SIM card (or get one in-store from Currys).

Once you’ve activated your replacement SIM you’ll (hopefully) have a working handset, which will allow you to get your PAC by texting “PAC” to 65075.

Userlevel 1

So after some multiple conversations with customer service, I managed to get another Sim Card.

When the Sim Card came, I tried it on both the device not on the list and the device on the list.

The device on the list said some error which I had to google to resolve. Basically the Phone was not picking up the sim card because you have to activate it first. After going through a few rounds of Customer Service, they managed to activate the phone remotely using the Unique Sim Card Code.

Finally a sim card working… I issued for PAC Code, and have now successfully moved away to Virgin Mobile.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So after some multiple conversations with customer service, I managed to get another Sim Card.

When the Sim Card came, I tried it on both the device not on the list and the device on the list.

The device on the list said some error which I had to google to resolve. Basically the Phone was not picking up the sim card because you have to activate it first. After going through a few rounds of Customer Service, they managed to activate the phone remotely using the Unique Sim Card Code.

Finally a sim card working… I issued for PAC Code, and have now successfully moved away to Virgin Mobile.

Gosh, getting a PAC shouldn’t be that hard. .

I hope your switch to VM went smoothly @GiveMeAPacCode.

Userlevel 1

Yep, went smoothly. That is why there was a delay between the last couple of messages. Wanted everything to be finalised before messaging.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@GiveMeAPacCode,

I hope that your query is resolved.

If you still require assistance, you can get back to us here and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?