Question

Google Pixel 8 charger

• 16 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

My recent purchase for the Google Pixel 8 phone, arrived without a charger with a mains adapter.  Will it be delivered later?

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you order a charger separately @Ladygee? - phone manufacturers no longer supply a charger with the handset.  

Userlevel 1

Well,  that's not fair. These kind of phones don't come cheap.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not cheap, nor with a charger - perhaps due to EU regulations that mandate use of a common charger interface (USB-C) for < 100W. Might yet get repealed in the UK following Brexit.

Userlevel 2

Nothing to do with the EU, manufacturers are pretending to be green when they are just greedy. It’s the same with earphones, used to come with every phone but now they don’t unless they are bundled (France used to mandate that headphones must be provided with new phones).  The EU has only mandated that a common standard must be used.

Userlevel 1

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ladygee 

Most mobile phone manufacturers, Apple, Samsung, Google and more have chosen not to include the plug needed for charging for a few years now.

Tom 

My recent purchase for the Google Pixel 8 phone, arrived without a charger with a mains adapter.  Will it be delivered later?

Can I ask You, because u already got pixel phone. Is there one sim card or u can put two? Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @DZIAD 

The Google Pixel 8 is a single physical SIM device, you may be able to activate an eSIM card with it, however we ourselves as a network don’t offer eSIMs.

You could have a physical iD Mobile SIM card and an eSIM from another network.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?