Solved

Got a new sim when i upgraded, not sure if I need to switch sim cards

• 24 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

So essentially my current plan was almost up, so I took another plan out that was the same price but had more data.

Last time I done this, they just changed the plan behind the scenes and everything went tickety boo, however this time they sent me out a new SIM card and are imploring me to activate it.

I've logged into my app and it looked as if the extra data had already applied itself, and everything was good.

The question being, do I need to go through the annoying process of activating this new SIM or can I just leave my existing one in?

Everything's been working as usual so far, and I'm afraid that the new SIM will have a new phone number attached, and then I'll have to go through the process of getting my current number back (I've had it for 15 years, back when "orange" were still a provider lol)

Thank you guys for any kind help.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 24 January 2022, 19:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When you upgrade with ID Mobile they send out a new “blank” SIM card but it’s up to you if you want to activate it or not. If you’re happy to continue to use the old SIM (I was) then you can do that. 

P.s. Don’t throw away the new SIM card though… Pop it in a draw somewhere as it may come in handy in the future should you lose the old SIM or it fails somehow!

Userlevel 1

Thanks very much man, that's exactly the answer I was hoping for! Hassle free.

I'll hide the new SIM somewhere incase I need it later, but then of course if I ever do need it later I'll entirely forget where I've hidden it.

Thanks again man!

Why iD Mobile?