Question

Handset delivery delay nullified redeeming offers

• 30 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Very annoyed as a newbie to id mobile that the offers I signed up for when pre-ordereing my Galaxy S24+ were refused by Samsung as:

1. I couldn't redeem the offers within their time frame as my handset was delayed and only received on 27 March confirming the IMEI number required by Samsung. 

2. Despite receiving my handset on 27 March and completing the redemption immediately as the offer ran from 31/01/24 - 27/02/24 and we had until 27/03/24 to redeem.

3. I then discovered that Samsung required my redemption application within 30 days of my contract start date which was not communicated at all by id mobile as there was no communication issued as to status of pre-order, etc.

4. My contract start date is 9 Feb, my invoice is dated 26 March and my handset was received 27 March with that illusive IMEI number. 

Samsung were unhelpful. 

Id mobile have been unhelpful. 

Frankly frustrated as I thought that the offers were great and enticed me to upgrade my handset and move to id mobile. 

I was reasonably patient with the delays as by the time I got really frustrated with waiting and no communication it was after 27 Feb, so if I cancelled or made changes, I would no longer qualify for those offers so I stuck it out and it seems that was all for naught anyway. 

So considering cancelling as think this is unacceptable. 

Surely I'm not the only one who had this problem and can't understand that retailers run these promotions without supporting their customers. 

I've raised a complaint, was told that I'd receive an email reply ASAP, days later nothing.

Has anyone else who has had this problem been able to amicably resolve this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @LD24 

I’m sorry to hear this, what date did you get your first bill emailed to you?

We wouldn’t be able to change the terms of an offer made by Samsung directly.

Tom

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply. As of this morning I can say that iD mobile have been in touch and we've managed an amicable resolution. I won't go into all the details here as it was a complicated situation but your customer service, complaints team service and back office support have been fantastic. L

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @LD24 

Glad to hear the complaints team could get this sorted.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?