Question

Help

• 4 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello, can anyone help me please? Having an absolute nightmare trying to get in touch with ID mobile ! Definitely considering sue’ing them for the stress they are causing both me and my father! Basically to cut a long story short, my dad wanted to use his iPad and he had no wifi etc so I ordered a sim only from ID as they came up cheapest on meerkat. SIM came put it in iPad etc and wrote down info in a book like number etc. flash forwards a year or two. He never uses iPad, he has lost all info, he’s now 86 years old and going senile. I try over and over to cancel ID mobile but only have the last 4 numbers of the account from the monthly email bill I seem to get from them. We’ve cancelled dads direct debit to them. Also only have last 4 numbers of the sim number also obtained from the same email. Try to reply to that email which bounces back. Try the help section and talk to a BOT which asks for full mobile number, which we don’t have. If sim had been used in a mobile phone we would have full number but as was in iPad we haven’t got it ! Tried ringing the vulnerable phone number I managed to find and again that asks for full phone number so you get cut off if you don’t put it in as asked. Manage to get BOT to transfer me to a human being who then refuses to correspond to me on the online help section because I am not the account holder!! My dad is 86 and hasn’t a clue how to email or use an iPhone so obviously I am acting on his behalf and I am also a technophobe so am finding it very difficult myself ! So around 2-3 weeks ago I wrote to ID mobile head office in London and explained all of this plus sent a final £8 cheque and have not heard a dicky bird from them apart from another bill sent via email ! Have googled all email addresses for ID mobile and emailed all of them only to bounce back ! Am not even sure if this essay I am writing is going work as asked me to sign in using Facebook which I am no longer on !! This is totally disgusting service and I will be wring on every review place there is reporting how disgustingly bad ID mobile are to their customers!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Try to precis your point/s- members can't be asked to peruse such a long missive😉

Ok can you please tell me how to contact customer service without access to a full telephone number then? Because just finding your reply has taken half an hour as clicking on it in my email inbox took me to ID mobile message saying I’m not allowed access to that content? Hardest company ever to contact !

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ok can you please tell me how to contact customer service without access to a full telephone number then? Because just finding your reply has taken half an hour as clicking on it in my email inbox took me to ID mobile message saying I’m not allowed access to that content? Hardest company ever to contact !

iD don’t provide a telephone helpline for customers - iD help & support is 100% online.

Get in-touch using Facebook, Twitter, or the iD live chat - the iD agents work until 8pm weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello, can anyone help me please? Having an absolute nightmare trying to get in touch with ID mobile ! Definitely considering sue’ing them for the stress they are causing both me and my father! Basically to cut a long story short, my dad wanted to use his iPad and he had no wifi etc so I ordered a sim only from ID as they came up cheapest on meerkat. SIM came put it in iPad etc and wrote down info in a book like number etc. flash forwards a year or two. He never uses iPad, he has lost all info, he’s now 86 years old and going senile. I try over and over to cancel ID mobile but only have the last 4 numbers of the account from the monthly email bill I seem to get from them. We’ve cancelled dads direct debit to them. Also only have last 4 numbers of the sim number also obtained from the same email. Try to reply to that email which bounces back. Try the help section and talk to a BOT which asks for full mobile number, which we don’t have. If sim had been used in a mobile phone we would have full number but as was in iPad we haven’t got it ! Tried ringing the vulnerable phone number I managed to find and again that asks for full phone number so you get cut off if you don’t put it in as asked. Manage to get BOT to transfer me to a human being who then refuses to correspond to me on the online help section because I am not the account holder!! My dad is 86 and hasn’t a clue how to email or use an iPhone so obviously I am acting on his behalf and I am also a technophobe so am finding it very difficult myself ! So around 2-3 weeks ago I wrote to ID mobile head office in London and explained all of this plus sent a final £8 cheque and have not heard a dicky bird from them apart from another bill sent via email ! Have googled all email addresses for ID mobile and emailed all of them only to bounce back ! Am not even sure if this essay I am writing is going work as asked me to sign in using Facebook which I am no longer on !! This is totally disgusting service and I will be wring on every review place there is reporting how disgustingly bad ID mobile are to their customers!

Hello @Rachael Knowles,

Thanks for contacting us here and I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble getting in touch with us to cancel your fathers account.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Replacement sim, new phone number, new phone same old Date  same my old phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Alan Grice,

I can see that we replied to your other post and we will wait for you to get back to us there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?