Question

Help activating my new sim

• 10 November 2022
  • 2 replies

There was a fault with sim, I was sent a new one. It was activated using my partners number instead of mine and his was deactivated. 

I Was told to give my partner the sim and they would send another one out and activate it using my number, the second one arrives and they activate it using my partners number deactivating his sim and giving me his number yet again. 

Would I need to wait another 2 days to receive sim then another 2 to get it activated as its already been almost a week without it already or would it be possible to get a new sim with new number and same plan ?

I feel like the second option would be easier for them as twice they have gave me wrong number. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How incompetent by iD Mobile - makes a mockery of any data protection laws they’re supposed to be following.

If you’re near a Currys / Carphone Warehouse store, then perhaps just pop in and pick-up a replacement SIM for £5 (ask iD for refund after you’ve sorted everything out).

You can activate the replacement SIM from your My iD Account online, or if not you’re registered then by visiting:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/sim-swap

Good luck @ChloeC

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @ChloeC ,

As advised on another topic, we will already be speaking to you via Twitter so if you speak to us there we’ll look into this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?