Question

HELP - NUMBER NOT TRANSFERRED AS PROMISSED - NEEDED FOR URGENT MEDICAL CALLS

• 20 June 2023
  • 8 replies

I bought a new sim from ID mobile for a new phone. Whilst registering etc the sim I also applied to port my number over but as it was a weekend I recieved a message saying it would be sorted on Monday 19th June. This didnt happen but I wasnt too concerned as my old number was still working on my old phone. I recieve a lot of imprtant medical calls so its really important that this number is active. Today Tuesday 20th my old number had disconnected. Logging onto EE it says account closed but my ID mobile number is still operating on the new number. I can afford to wait as this number is vital for cancer patiends medical calls from mcmillan nurses, distric nurses, doctors chemists etc who will all just get a dead tone when they ring. HELP _ URGENT

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Mobile number transfers don’t take place immediately, on the transfer day, @Andy Whitfield.

There can be several hours or more between your EE SIM card becoming inactive, and the number you want to keep transferring to your iD SIM card.

When I transferred my number to iD I had no mobile service for around 5-hours, on the transfer day.

For help from iD’s support teams use their online live chat, Facebook Messenger, or send a Twitter DM (direct message). The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends). 

Ok. Thanks. Hopefully it will get sorted soon but thanks for the heads up

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Andy Whitfield, just to alert you that iD Mobile state your number will be transferred between 8am - 10pm, on the day your number transfer happens.

When I joined iD, my transfer was completed circa 3pm, on my transfer day.

Thanks for messages. The mobile number has transferred over know and is working ok but when I send a text message it sends from the new number rather than the one that ive switched to. I wonder is this normal and will this also get sorted

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You need to update your phone settings to use your old number. Never insert a new SIM that has a temporary number until the porting process has completed because your device will update existing apps such as ‘chat features’, ‘iMessages’ or ‘Facetime’ to use the temporary number. 

Use the search feature of the community to find instructions on how to update the required settings for your handset type. 👍

Thanks welshPaul. I tried a search but can’t find anythng and sadly its too late. All my old whats app messages seem to have disspeared but not end of world.

The phone i am using is a pixel 4a 5g but cant find anything on setting. I’ll keep trying

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The “Chat features” option is in the Messages app. 

I believe the quick fix is to simply turn OFF “Chat features”.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Andy Whitfield 

Glad to hear the number has ported over now.

With the texts, please try the following;

If you open your Messaging app and click Settings > Chat Features does it show the correct number?

If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to de-register the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features and the phone.

Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Alternatively, switch chat features off and try.

Tom 

Why iD Mobile?