Question

Help with missed payment on credit file

• 10 September 2023
  • 1 reply

So I opened an ID Mobile contract back in August 2018 for two years and to my knowledge everything was paid up, sometimes I would have to ring up and make manual payments but I did this on time etc.

At the end of the contract I phoned up and explained multiple times that I no longer lived at the address listed (can provide proof) and that I had been locked out of the user account and that I didn’t want the contract to renew. My family member had taken over the contract and billing and I had expressed to a lady on one occasion that I didn’t feel comfortable with this and just wanted the account closed. I made multiple like MULTIPLE calls about this and even had the password manually reset and thought that was the end of it. 

That said, the contract went into rolling despite me asking for it to end. In January 2021 I got notification of a late payment via Clearscore because the contract was still running. I rang up and made the payment myself and it should be apparent that the name of the payee was different to the person ID mobile let own the account (against my wishes).

All that said, at the time I was told that due to the circumstances this wouldn’t count as a missed payment but on my credit file i STILL have a missed payment of £0 balance for December 2020 and January 2021.

Is there anything that can be done about this knowing that I specifically requested on multiple occasions for it not to carry on especially since the account was impossible for me to access! The contract itself should have completed and I thought it didn’t rollover but to this day this situation still frustrates me. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mothhue,

From what you have advised, we’ll need to check your account.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?