Question

How and when do I receive the £100 Currys voucher?

• 24 November 2022
  • 22 replies

Hey,

I just upgraded to a Pixel 7 and it showed a £100 Currys Voucher promotion as part of the plan. I didn’t get it with the phone, nor anywhere in my emails so I’m just wondering how and when I will receive it.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Djshrimper,

Just to advise as per the terms of the promotion.

Promotion runs from 16/11/2022- 29/11/2022. Offer applicable to http://idmobile.co.uk. Digital voucher will be sent to customers nominated email address 30 days post the end of the promo. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. No cash alternative. To qualify for voucher, a valid email address is required. Where device has been returned, eligibility for voucher is no longer valid. Subject to credit check, eligibility, and a minimum term of 24 months on selected plans. Monthly price may increase in line with Consumer Price Index (CPI)+ 3.9%. Standard Network Terms and Conditions apply.

We would advise allowing until 29th December 2022 to receive the voucher.

I hope this helps.

Kash

I have still not received the voucher 

I am having the exact same problem, situation identical to the OP. I had a live chat with ID mobile and that was such a waste of half an hour cos all the agent would say was to contact Currys but the contract was with ID mobile, not currys so come on ID mobile- get this sorted!

Hi @Djshrimper,

Just to advise as per the terms of the promotion.

Promotion runs from 16/11/2022- 29/11/2022. Offer applicable to http://idmobile.co.uk. Digital voucher will be sent to customers nominated email address 30 days post the end of the promo. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. No cash alternative. To qualify for voucher, a valid email address is required. Where device has been returned, eligibility for voucher is no longer valid. Subject to credit check, eligibility, and a minimum term of 24 months on selected plans. Monthly price may increase in line with Consumer Price Index (CPI)+ 3.9%. Standard Network Terms and Conditions apply.

We would advise allowing until 29th December 2022 to receive the voucher.

I hope this helps.

Kash

It has been more than 30 days since the end of the promotion. Please advise when we will get our voucher. ID mobile has changed so much from the company that I signed up to what must be about 10 years ago- I'm definitely going to be shopping about next renewal 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Djshrimper & @Iain MacDonald 

Unfortunately our team has had some delays with the influx of orders and vouchers to give out, these would be received via email, we’d recommend allowing until 08/01/23 for these to be received, please let us know if you don’t have it by then.

Tom

Can I add that I also haven’t recieved my voucher. I purchased a pixel 7 on the 27th Nov.  I just attempted to speak to your advisor through chat and he advised me to contact Currys then left the chat with no further contact.

See transcript below

I purchased a pixel 7 at the end of November and alongsied it was a voucher for £100 for Currys,
I have yet to recieve this voucher and based on the info. on your website I should have recieved by yesterday.
Please be advised that you need to contact Currys for this issue.

Why would I need to contact currys? I have no no contract with them
I have no contact details for them either
Yes but its for a Currys voucher.

Provided by IDMobile
If anyone shoudl contact Currys - you should
I do not contact google for the phone provided by ID Mobile - why would I contact currys for the Voucher provided by ID mobile
Agent Exited Chat

Please advise on the best way to proceed, because it is clearly not through the chat desk.

Hi @Djshrimper & @Iain MacDonald 

Unfortunately our team has had some delays with the influx of orders and vouchers to give out, these would be received via email, we’d recommend allowing until 08/01/23 for these to be received, please let us know if you don’t have it by then.

Tom

Currys currently have a sale on. It is the prime time to be able to take advantage of offers that are on. So what happens if the products that we wish to use our vouchers on are no longer on sale when/if we eventually get them? Are ID mobile going to make up the difference in price due to incompetence? 

This is not a rhetorical question.

Can I add that I also haven’t recieved my voucher. I purchased a pixel 7 on the 27th Nov.  I just attempted to speak to your advisor through chat and he advised me to contact Currys then left the chat with no further contact.

See transcript below

I purchased a pixel 7 at the end of November and alongsied it was a voucher for £100 for Currys,
I have yet to recieve this voucher and based on the info. on your website I should have recieved by yesterday.
Please be advised that you need to contact Currys for this issue.

Why would I need to contact currys? I have no no contract with them
I have no contact details for them either
Yes but its for a Currys voucher.

Provided by IDMobile
If anyone shoudl contact Currys - you should
I do not contact google for the phone provided by ID Mobile - why would I contact currys for the Voucher provided by ID mobile
Agent Exited Chat

Please advise on the best way to proceed, because it is clearly not through the chat desk.

Unfortunately I did not have my transcript mailed to me (although i could swear that i did request it) but I experienced an eerily similar nonchalant, arrogant and unhelpful agent. 

I have also not received the voucher, I really need it for a birthday present. What can be done?

I have also sent an email to the customer complaints department - the only email address I can find- only to have it bounce back to say that it is not in use anymore and direct me to, yes you guessed it, the live chat. The same live chat that are washing their hands of this matter.

I'm wondering now whether this constitutes breach of contract/agreement and that I could look elsewhere for a mobile deal. I'm sure the ombudsman would uphold it if I did. 

Totally losing faith in ID mobile 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Iain MacDonald,

This isn’t a breach of the contract.

You do not need to contact Currys as the voucher was being offered by us so I’m not sure why you were advised this.

We’re aware of the vouchers being delayed and working on getting these sent out as soon as possible.

Mohammed

Userlevel 4

@Iain MacDonald if you check the contract that was emailed to you, it should state the voucher forms part of your contract on the top right hand section. As it states the voucher is part of your contract and the voucher hasn't been sent within the specified timeframe written in their terms and conditions, yes this is a breach of your contract. We also have multipel advisors that have written specific dates they will be received and it hasn'tbeen actioned by x and y date, so again this is more evidence.

Absolutely spot on regarding the sales situation, can't be a coincidence they are timing the voucher being sent out with more than likely when their sales are ending. Notice how @Mohammed didn't even acknowledge your question regarding the price difference of items we want to buy and if ID would cover the cost difference due to their incompetence?

@Mohammed don't give people false information, and there isn't any point commenting on the thread if you have nothing decent to add. You're just commenting so you can close the thread and keep us all quiet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for your feedback @Powerhous,

I acknowledge your concerns and this is being looked into.

We hope this is sent out soon and can only apologise for any inconvenence this may be causing.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I have read these comments over the past 3 weeks, I acknowledge that in a previous post (by someone who sounds like they're in the know) that these vouchers were supposedly meant to be sent out by 8/1/23. I am still awaiting my Currys voucher, do you know when they'll be send out to customers? 

Or who I can email directly to get my £100 Currys voucher? 

Thanks

Userlevel 4

@Gemma.E07 they released an update that can be found here 

I would imagine all future updates will be on this post

Userlevel 1

@Gemma.E07 they released an update that can be found here 

I would imagine all future updates will be on this post

Thank you 👍 I posted on here before I actually saw that other post (link provided), only there's a few pages open with the same thing on 

Tom

The 8th has been and gone. So where's the vouchers? Or even an explanation. An explanation we can work with and even accept. Everything from ID Mobile has been akin to radio silence and very, very suspicious 

Userlevel 3

… they updated to say ‘by the 14th’ Iain.

Many people have been receiving vouchers now so assuming yours is bonafide or legit or whatever, you should receive by then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Tom

The 8th has been and gone. So where's the vouchers? Or even an explanation. An explanation we can work with and even accept. Everything from ID Mobile has been akin to radio silence and very, very suspicious 

Hey @Iain MacDonald,

As @Henry Jones mentioned, they’re being sent out as we speak and hoping to be fulfilled by the 14th.

Mohammed

Hi @Iain MacDonald

Just to let you know that I did eventually get my voucher (yesterday), so hopefully you will too!

Userlevel 1

I received my voucher Tues 10th around 10am, in my normal email inbox, subject: Currys eGift card

Thank you

Userlevel 3

I’d like to confirm receipt of an outcome on my Refer a Friend voucher too.

I’m pleased iD have stepped up here to honour these vouchers, this is indeed a good thing for everyone concerned.

Why iD Mobile?