Question

How can I make calls or texts whilst in the USA / America?

• 7 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve got an iD Pay Monthly Plan. I’ve come to the USA and just expected my Google Pixel 6 phone to work like it does in other countries. Both Roaming and International Calling are switched on in my iD app and online login. I now have a desperately urgent call I need to place to my credit card provider, but each time I try and call the number, the call immediately ends, the same as if I try to call or dial any number. 

I just really need to know what to do to be able to make a call, any help or suggestions gratefully received!

My phone has automatically connected to the AT&T network if that’s helpful, however I get an android system prompt to login to the network and every time I press it, it opens to an iD page saying I've run out of available allowance (I definitely haven't!!!!). This feels like shite service and the lack of a customer service number or chat function to reach is not good!!!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The bill cap for your iD account needs to be large enough to allow for calls, texts, roaming mobile data et cetera while roaming in the USA. 

If your iD account bill cap is too low, you’ll be unable to use your handset in the USA @James0157

You can chat to iD support using their online live chat service - the agents work until 8pm (UK time) on weekdays. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @James0157 

Have you checked the bill cap on your iD Mobile plan?

You’ll be able to do this by checking the iD Mobile app/website while logged in.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/capping

Tom

Why iD Mobile?