Question

How can I replace my SIM card?

I have just joined idmobile. I set up the mobile with the new SIM and also requested the PAC to keep my current phone number. I went through all the processes to activate the new SIM card. I received a notification that the activation would not be completed until Monday 20/03/23 and changed to my old SIM. Yesterday I had an accident with my new idmobile SIM which is now unusable. How can I replace the SIM? I just agreed to a 12 month contract.

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Go to any Curry’s store, and ask for a replacement iD SIM card in-store.

Will this affect my current phone which I want to keep as I have made the set up with the initial lost iD mobile SIM?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do you have an iD online account setup @Fernando Blanco?

If yes, then wait until your iD account online is showing the mobile number you want to keep, before getting your replacement SIM card from Currys.

Otherwise, use the iD online live chat service to get help, or wait for an iD forum moderator to read this topic and reach-out.

I do not know if I have an iD online account set up. I haven’t received any link to the iD mobile account set up. I only can see this link iD Mobile - Register, not sure is the correct one. When I try to register in this link I do not receive the 8 digit code (evening using  my current mobile number) so I cannot continue with the registration. The iD online live chat is not working in this link Welcome to the iD Help Hub | Join the discussion, ask questions, share advice. (idmobile.co.uk) not sure I am using the correct one. How can I reach a iD forum moderator?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Fernando Blanco, iD have been charging you from the date they dispatched your order item(s).

If you can’t use live chat, I suggest contacting the iD Mobile social media customer support team, using facebook (via Messenger), or Twitter (by DM). 

The agents work until 8pm weekdays (6pm at weekends), and ask this team for assistance.

Solving problems with your iD account can take a long time here in the iD community, because the iD moderators only read posts once-a-day, sometimes less frequently. 

If you still need a replacement iD SIM, it might be quicker if you go to Curry and get one in-store.

Thank you. I am not taking a replacement SIM in store will resolve the problem of re-setting the account and restoring my old phone number. Could you send the link to register the iD mobile account, I am not sure I am using the correct one.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

To setup your online iD account, use https://my.idmobile.co.uk, then click on the “Register” tab.

🍀 

Thank you. This is the link I have been using unfortunately I am unable to pass the section of the code as I am unable to receive the code on my mobile (my previous number seem to have been de-activated from my previous mobile network supplier and I cannot use the iD SIM provided as I had an accident with it). In effect I do not have mobile phone access at the moment.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your ‘old’ number should be transferred to iD Mobile by now, so just order your replacement iD SIM card online, or get one at any Currys store.

Hi. I received yesterday a replacement SIM card. However, it has no mobile number allocated to it. How can I activate this SIM card. I have already tried approaching my local Currys site and they referred to the iD mobile live chat. Where can I find the link to this “live chat”? I only can see a page in which you create topics and questions (part of it is this community chat) and I can see that some sections have been inactive for a year. I am still going in circles and with no mobile access. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The replacement SIM has the mobile number you switched to iD Mobile, using a PAC.

You previously said your number was transferred to iD Mobile on 20/03/23.

You can activate your replacement SIM online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/sim-swap.

The iD Live Chat service is online at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

Good luck @Fernando Blanco

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Fernando Blanco,

If you still require assistance, please let us know and we can help here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?