Solved

how do i cancel my sim only order?

• 22 November 2022
  • 6 replies

I would like to cancel my sim only order but I am unable to get any of the chat agents on as the transfer to live agent keeps failing every time I try. Can someone here please help? 

Reason for cancellation is the speed available is extremely low for a 4G connection (less than 5mbps on average) when another provide in the same phone is able to get over 35mbps.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 22 November 2022, 14:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Pareshchop, if the live chat isn’t working, then why not try contacting the iD social media customer support team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message).

This team should be able to assist you with cancelling your iD SIM only plan.

Good luck @Pareshchop.

I can cancel the plan through the app, but I am within the cooling off period and hence looking to cancel/return the order. Can this not be addressed over the community as I am not an active fb/twitter user. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I can cancel the plan through the app, but I am within the cooling off period and hence looking to cancel/return the order. Can this not be addressed over the community as I am not an active fb/twitter user. 

I’m sure you could but the iD Moderators in this forum are 5-6 days behind real-time @Pareshchop.

You’re supposed to be able to return any iD Mobile purchase in-store at Currys, or try calling the iD sales team on 020 7139 1397 (during normal office hours) and have your order number ready.

Good luck @Pareshchop.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Pareshchop,

Just checking if you managed to resolve this one with the information andewhite provided?

If you still require assistance, please feel free to get back to us here.

Kash

I managed to get a response on live chat yesterday who helped process the return very quickly. The SIM didnt need to be returned and instead was converted into a PAYG sim with the existing contract being cancelled. I was asked to not cancel my bank DD so ID mobile can process any final charges and refunds correctly. I am yet to get a notification if any charges are applicable. The only usage was data used to check the network speed which on all occassions was less than 5Mbps on a 4G connection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Pareshchop,

The final bill would have line rental from the point of connection until the return has been completed (the point where this was converted to PAYG).

So it doesn’t necessarily matter about usage here.

If you do need any further help, please let us know here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?