• 4 August 2023
  • 6 replies

How can I join iD mobile when I can't receive OTP from my bankĀ 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You posted ā€œhow can I join iD Mobile...ā€ @N SIMPSON.Ā 
Are you already using an iD SIM card in your handset @N SIMPSON, or just thinking about it?Ā 

I've not even got as far as having a SIM, I can't finalise joining iD I can't receive OTP's from the bank.šŸ™„

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If youā€™re not using an iD SIM card for mobile services, not sure how an OTP from a bank is an iD Mobile issue @N SIMPSON?

Are you asking hypothetically, can this be done using iD Mobile?

Ā 

To purchase a SIM from anyone after all the rigmarole of name , email address,bank details etc etc the final piece of the transaction is an OTP from your bank to ok the payment. This is the bit that's missing. No OTP no conclusion to joining iD.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @N SIMPSON, banks will often offers alternative ways of validating the online transaction, for example, using the bankā€™s mobile banking app, or via a telephone call to a landline or mobile telephone.

Sometimes there are network issues, sometimes the bank mightĀ haveĀ issues sending these OTP messages - have you checked with your bank?Ā 

Is your mobile number up-to-date for your bank account?

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @N SIMPSON,

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Have you had issues with OTP with any other company?

If you keep having issues please get back to us and weā€™ll send you a PM so that we can escalate it.

Ā 

Kash

Why iD Mobile?