Solved

How do I keep my number with iD Mobile to iD Mobile

• 7 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all

I requested cancellation of my monthly plan yesterday. It ends on 5th of September.

Is there a way to keep the same numer with ID but under other name? My girlfriend wants it, with her name on it as user

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 August 2023, 12:53

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Arkadiusz1,

You can’t transfer one iD Mobile number to another iD Mobile contract.

It’s also not possible to change the name on a contract via change of ownership.

Your girlfriend needs to purchase her own contract in her name.

If she wants to keep your number she can do a triangle port, but this is a bit more complicated.

You would need to cancel your cancellation request.

Then get a PAC code from us for that number

Give that PAC code to a new PAYG network

Then let the number swap over to them.

Following that contact them for a PAC code.

Then your Girlfriend needs to provide that PAC Code onto her contract.

This will then transfer the number from the new network back to us, but onto your girlfriends contract.

Or she can just get a new number and leave the disconnection as is.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don’t think iD Mobile allow you to transfer a number from one iD account to another iD account.

You might be able to get a PAC for the number you want to keep, and port the number away from iD then back to iD, but that might not be possible if the account holder details don’t match.

Userlevel 1

Thanks guys, I'll try Mohammed way 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Arkadiusz1 

Let us know if you need any further support.

Tom

Hi

i have purchased an upgrade from ID to ID

However I can’t automatically transfer number because iOS is too low on old phone and I can’t update it. The other option says get a QR code from provider - how do I do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rachel HI 

If you’ve upgraded with iD Mobile you should be able to put your already existing SIM card into your new device and it’ll work.

A QR code would be for an eSIM, which we don’t support.

Tom

Hi i am with ID mobile pay as you go and now I bought a IPhone 15 under contact with ID mobile and now want to keep my mobile number from my pay as you go how do I transfer my number to my contract account ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Simon Watterson,

Unfortunately you are unable to move any iD Mobile number from one account to another.

You would need to process a triangle port which means you’ll need to port the number to a different network and port it back to the new iD Mobile account.

Kash

Hi Kash, ah I see that’s perfectly explained thank you 👏👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Simon Watterson,

Glad to hear that I have been able to answer your query.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?