Question

how do i keep my old number?

• 10 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello there! I’ve tried to switch to id mobile. i have entered pac code i have received from my old network sim card, transaction number, my last name and the id mobile number. but when i press submit i get this message ‘’ We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again. ‘’ i have double checked that information many times! both my sim cards are pay as you go. does keeping your old number only works with sim contract plans?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ivo Sala 

You’ll be able to use a PAC number from another network to port to iD Mobile no matter which type of plan you’re on.

Does the transaction number you’re using begin with a “4”?

If not please double check your welcome emails for it and try that on the iD Mobile port form.

If you have further issues or cannot find this please let us know so we can get in touch and help.

Tom

Hey. Yes it does start with 4

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ivo Sala,

Did you manage to get this sorted?

It may be worth entering the surname in all capital letters.

If you still have issues, please let us know and we can PM you to get it sorted.

Kash

no i haven’t! i can’t even access some parts of id mobile website saying ‘’ The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. ‘’

tried to use Keep My Number using myidmobile dashboard… entered pac and the old number i want to keep and ...bam! nothing ‘’ You entered a wrong PAC code or mobile number. Please check and try again. ‘’ how it can be wrong if it has green checkmarks on both the number and pac?

cannot access switching.idmobile.co.uk

@Kash was able to access switching.idmobile.co.uk using Chrome instead of Firefox. Entered my surname in all capitals..still nothing

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could get in-touch with iD Mobile’s social media customer support team, using facebook (via Messenger), or Twitter (by DM). 

The agents work until 8pm weekdays (6pm at weekends), and ask this team to process your PAC @Ivo Sala.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ivo Sala,

Did you manage to get in touch with someone?

If you still require assistance, please let us know here and we can look into it via PM.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?