Question

How does your monthly contract work?

• 8 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I have just signed up for a monthly rolling contract, in order to receive a SIM card.

1. Does my ‘month’ begin when I activate my SIM (as it does with other providers)? I do not want it to start until I want it to start, because I want to use up my data from other providers first.
  1. Then, what happens at the end of the month, when the contract expires? Can I turn off ‘auto renew’?  If not, presumably I can can just cancel my direct debit if I don’t want it to renew, and my contract will just naturally expire.
  2. If I then want to start a new month, can I re-start a new DD and reactivate my SIM, or do I have to start again and order a new SIM? (This wouldn’t work for me, as I might be travelling and unable to receive mail).

None of your information makes clear how it works. If it doesn’t look as if it will work for me, I might just cancel.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
  1. The rolling 1-month contract begins as soon as your iD SIM card is dispatched, because iD send new customers an activated SIM card.
  2. At the end of your first month, your contract continues until you cancel it by giving iD Mobile 30-days notice, or by getting a PAC/STAC from iD and giving the PAC/STAC to another provider.
    Cancelling your direct debit DOES NOT cancel the contract, just the payment method linked to the contract.
  3. Hopefully the information in 1) and 2) helped here.

Good luck @CJA.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CJA 

I’d recommend the above from @andewhite, thanks for the help here.

Let us know if you have any other concerns or questions.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?