Solved

How long does a phone number stay valid with ID

• 1 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have been out of the UK for a loooong time (2 ½ yrs approx). Before leaving I had an ID sim, pay monthly account. All businesses in UK, including my bank, have that number so now that I’m back I would like to get that number back. 

Two problems:

Is it too long a time since the number was used to get it again? How long does a number last?

If I can get the number back, how can I get a PAC as I now want to go with another provider. I don’t have the ID sim anymore.

I think I’m a lost cause but asking just in case

icon

Best answer by Rory 5 April 2022, 13:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @gaelwright, just to clarify, did you close the account when you left? If so, the number will have been lost forever, unfortunately. At least from our side. 

If you’ve been paying the bill all that time, though, then the line will still be active. If that’s the case, I’d recommend contacting the Live Chat team so they can process a PAC for you. 

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me Rory. I appreciate it. But I think you’re right and although my number is not allocated to anyone it’s wandering alone in the ether nether and I’ll never get it back.

Gael

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@gaelwright That’s a sad image :( sorry we couldn’t be of more help.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?