Question

How long does it take for a new SIM card to arrive??

• 13 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, I’m a new customer to ID mobile and I ordered my SIM card last Wednesday (5th April) …. the postman has been today and still no SIM card.

I  can’t register on the app, because I need the code that was sent to my mobile number, which I don’t have.

I appreciate that last weekend had 2 non-working days (Good Friday and Easter Monday) but surely it should have arrived by now??

My direct debit has already been set up …. I’m wondering if I’ll still be expected to pay on the due date for something I haven’t yet received??

How much longer should I wait before the delivery is deemed to be  “lost in transit”??

Any advice please as to what I should do next??

Thanks  :)

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Usually 3-5 working days from the date of dispatch, which would normally be the date of your order complete email from iD.

iD use Royal Mail post service for SIM card delivery.

Usually 3-5 working days from the date of dispatch, which would normally be the date of your order complete email from iD.

iD use Royal Mail post service for SIM card delivery.

I finally managed to chat with someone online and apparently there was a delay in sending it (I think it hasn’t even been dispatched yet), so they’re sending out a new SIM card today with the same phone number.

I was told it usually takes approx 2 working days, so I should hopefully receive it no later than Monday.

By the way, thanks for taking the time to reply ….. it’s hopefully sorted now.

Moral of the story - don’t place an order just before the Easter weekend  :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jimmy Moonbeam,

It sounds like your issue is resolved but if you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?