Solved

How long for a new contract eSim to be activated?

I have a new ID mobile esim that I activated when will it go live and whats my new number? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 9 May 2024, 18:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d have thought eSIM activation should happen pretty much straight away, @ha5him

Have you restarted your handset?

Are you in an area with good indoor & outdoor signal reception?

Have you used the iD online Live Chat service, and spoken to the iD support team? 

Yes area with good connection and did try rebooting and restarting my phone on a number if occasions.

However issue now resolved and eSim is now up and running.

I also thought it would be instant too that's why i opted for an eSim but whole process took a few hours in total. 

I signed up for a 30 day eSim around 1130 and was fully online after activating the eSim by 4pm.

I actually received the eSim around 1240 and got concerned that something wasn't right when i didn't get online straight away but everything was up and working by around 4 so in total for me the whole process took just over 4 hours.

I'm not sure if this is standard or just depends on network and customer checks etc...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds a lot faster than waiting for a SIM to arrive by Royal Mail, @ha5him

Exactly o2 have bizarrely barred my number and are not being helpful in unbarring it so got fed up with waiting and got the best/quickest deal I could. 

Hopefully they will give me a PAC code soon so I can port my number across too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ha5him,

We are here to help with your port when you wish to submit it.

If you require further assistance, please get back in touch.

Kash