Question

how long for old number to port?

• 9 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Gave PAC number at time of ordering SIM. My old SIM is no longer active and my new iD SIM is on a new number. How long until this changes to my old number. I’m a little bit stressed as I thought it would be pretty much instant and I need my old number for work. Anybody calling me today is being told my number doesn’t exist! 

Thanks,

Lauren 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD have the following online guidance for number transfers @Lauren David:

Userlevel 1

@Lauren David:  I have exactly the same issue. Very frustrating, but hopefully it will be sorted out today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Lauren David and @WhiskyInTheJar,

It also depends on what dates you both selected.

We now give the ability to select a port date.

If you just selected the first one available, then follow the time-table above.

If you selected one, then the date you selected will be the switch date.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed 

To be fair, my number transferred over at around 5pm yesterday (about 5 hours after my previous provider disconnected me), the date I selected when signing up to iD mobile.

I can’t really grumble about iD’s service; I was just a little stressed not knowing when/if the transfer would happen.

Given the many emails I received from iD in the build-up, it would have helped to get one which explained the number transfer process and expected timeline. It was the not knowing that was stressful, not the length of time I had to wait.

Thanks iD, I was concerned about switching providers, but it seems to have gone pretty smoothly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @WhiskyInTheJar,

Welcome to iD Mobile!

We are glad to hear that.

If you need any help or information we are here to help via the Community!

Kash

Why iD Mobile?