Solved

How soon can I port a number?

• 10 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I ported my phone number on the 10th October (no contract). I have decided I would like to take out a contract with ID mobile. How soon can I port my number again? I have read some articles that say you need to wait 90 days between porting numbers but I am hoping this isn’t the case anymore - does anybody know please? Thank you 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 13 November 2023, 18:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Joannee123,

Welcome to the Community!

You should be able to request a PAC code and port your number.

If you are already with iD Mobile you can’t port your number internally unfortunately.

You can look at porting the number to a different network and back to iD Mobile on the new contract.

If you are porting from a different network then it should be straight forward.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply Kash. I am not currently with ID mobile but I only joined my last network about a month ago. Do you know if this is too soon to do another port? Some webpages say you need to wait 90 days between ports. Thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you for your reply Kash. I am not currently with ID mobile but I only joined my last network about a month ago. Do you know if this is too soon to do another port? Some webpages say you need to wait 90 days between ports. Thanks 

It’s usually sensible to wait a day or two after your number has been ported from one provider to another, just to make sure everything works correctly.

You should have no problem getting a PAC after 1-month @Joannee123.

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much - I appreciate your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Joannee123,

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?