Question

How to cancel sim only ordered in error

• 18 April 2023
  • 9 replies

I wanted to change my plan to a slightly cheaper tariff and ordered a sim only deal in error with a new direct debit set up. I  have since found out I can change all this on my app!! How do I cancel/return this sim? No information anywhere and chat bot is useless.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You should be able to do this at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations.

Good luck @Raphi

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Raphi 

Have you managed to get in touch and cancel the order?

If not please let us know so we can get in contact so we can assist further.

Tom

Hi Tom,

sorry for my late reply, thank you for replying

No, have not found out how to cancel, I have been emailed a transaction number, a contract summary and the direct debit setup confirmation, but nowhere seems to be an easy solution for a quick cancellation. Instead of switching to a different plan within my account (I have been an ID customer for many years now and your offers are fantastic), I accidently created a new monthly agreement, which I thought is the ‘SWITCH’. Now I got a second sim which I do NOT want/need. And no info how to deal with it, very, very frustrating process. But obviously that is the way how it goes with online support only.

I would really appreciate, if this can be just stopped somehow, the time I spent to find out is crazy.

Raphi

Hi,

have not seen the link from andewhite for returns/cancellations, followed it and obviously I can return my pay monthly plan to any Curry’s store.

I will try just now!

Cheers

Raphi

Update 22/04/23

Followed the return/cancellation advise on ID website which was emailed by andewhite. Went to Curry's in Dundee and nobody can help you, really???? The advise online said that if purchased online it is able to be returned in Curry's with the proof of purchase. Not possible, the guy in Curry's said. I have to get back to the chat. I only want to return the sim monthly plan which was ordered in error, how difficult can this be??

Please can anybody from ID help????

Thanks

Raphi

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think there was a note somewhere stating with SIM only you did not need to return anything.

Live chat and Currys are a lottery - chance of getting the jackpot is quite low.

Try contacting iD privately using Facebook (Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

The agents work until 6pm at weekends.

Hi,

I am not using Facebook or Twitter. What happens if I never use the SIM? what about the Direct Debit which I set up?

It would be really nice if somebody from ID just contacts me and advises what to do!!!!

Raphi

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Someone from iD will offer to assist you here.

The iD staff usually read forum posts once a day, but less frequently on occasions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Raphi,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?