Question

How to join London underground WiFi?

• 9 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Londoner here hoping to use WiFi while travelling on underground. Appears ID don't have any access. Is there any workaround? I heard someone used an additional giffgaff sim to access WiFi when on the underground. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That correct @Thomas James Madden.

TFL currently only offer station Wi-Fi for the following mobile networks:

Userlevel 1

Jeez that's rubbish! I'd have thought twice before purchasing if I'd known that. Any word on ID addressing this issue? I'd have thought they'd make a deal with Three. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Jeez that's rubbish! I'd have thought twice before purchasing if I'd known that. Any word on ID addressing this issue? I'd have thought they'd make a deal with Three. 

I’d guess iD aren’t interested in extending their mobile network deal with Three.
It seems to me iD Mobile are mainly concerned with signing-up new customers on a 24-month plan.

Userlevel 1

I’d guess iD aren’t interested in extending their mobile network deal with Three.
It seems to me iD Mobile are mainly concerned with signing-up new customers on a 24-month plan.

Yeah I'd tend to agree. Thanks for taking the time to advise. 

Why iD Mobile?