Solved

How to remove add-on?

• 7 September 2022
  • 8 replies

I purchased a data add-on yesterday that I want to remove as I have decided to upgrade my plan instead. There is no option to remove it on the app.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 September 2022, 14:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can’t remove an add-on from your iD account - you’ve paid iD for the add-on... right?

It’ll disappear once the add-on allowance has been used, or add-on’s validity period has expired.

Good luck @Kasabian.  

Hello, thank you for your reply. 

Yes, I have paid iD mobile for the add-on, so require a refund. None of the data  has been used.

iD mobile states that you can remove an add-on from your iD account.

“Upgrading or Changing Your Plan

I’ve got an add-on on my current plan. Can I keep it if I change plan?

iD mobile: Yes. You can use your current active add-ons even after you change plan. If you’d like to REMOVE it instead, simply log in to your iD mobile app or My Account online, go to ‘My Add-ons, select the add-on, and choose the ‘Remove’ option.” (Caps mine)

However, as I mentioned, there is no option to remove it on the app as instructed.

So, how to remove the add-on that iD mobile has clearly stated can be removed?

Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is the option shown in your iD My Account online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk?

Even if you could Remove the add-on in the iD app, where does it state that you’ll receive a refund?

Your best option is to ask the iD social media team for assistance using facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message) - the team will be able to look at your iD account.

FYI, any out-of-hours private messages left on social media are picked-up when the iD social media team next start work.

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello, thank you for your reply. 

Yes, I have paid iD mobile for the add-on, so require a refund. None of the data  has been used.

iD mobile states that you can remove an add-on from your iD account.

“Upgrading or Changing Your Plan

I’ve got an add-on on my current plan. Can I keep it if I change plan?

iD mobile: Yes. You can use your current active add-ons even after you change plan. If you’d like to REMOVE it instead, simply log in to your iD mobile app or My Account online, go to ‘My Add-ons, select the add-on, and choose the ‘Remove’ option.” (Caps mine)

However, as I mentioned, there is no option to remove it on the app as instructed.

So, how to remove the add-on that iD mobile has clearly stated can be removed?

Thanks.

Hello Kasabian, this was related to recurring add-ons from my knowledge which is no longer provided.

You can’t remove an add-on once purchased.

These are non-refundable purchases so only recommend purchasing if it’s needed.

Mohammed

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for your reply.

“Hello Kasabian, this was related to recurring add-ons from my knowledge which is no longer provided.”

The iD mobile website does not state that it relates only to recurring add-ons, in fact, there is no mention of recurring add-ons at all.

“You can’t remove an add-on once purchased.”

Again, the iD mobile website states that you CAN remove an add-on once purchased. I have provided you with the statement from your own website. And here is the link to the webpage:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/plan-changes

So, I have no idea where you get the notion from that one cannot remove an add-on, when the iD mobile website explicitly states that you can.

Regards

And who on earth awarded this nonsense reply by Mohammed as “best answer”? I certainly did not. Are iD mobile staff awarding themselves??

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So, I have no idea where you get the notion from that one cannot remove an add-on, when the iD mobile website explicitly states that you can.

Regards

Okay @Kasabian, have you got screenshot(s) of the page(s) where it explicitly states an add-on can be removed.

No mention of add-ons online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/plan-changes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

And who on earth awarded this nonsense reply by Mohammed as “best answer”? I certainly did not. Are iD mobile staff awarding themselves??

Hi @Kasabian,

The topic owner or iD Mobile Community employee can, however, we don’t self award so you may have marked this in error.

I can un-mark it if you want?

As for the link, this is for recurring add-ons which I mentioned already.

I appreciate it may be causing some confusion as it doesn’t specify, I have passed on feedback regarding this.

That said, we can’t remove one-off add-ons, only recurring add-ons (which are now legacy add-ons no longer offered.

So, I have no idea where you get the notion from that one cannot remove an add-on,

The notion came from the fact I work for iD Mobile and can confirm one-off addons can’t be removed.

As above, it’s been fed back to make it clearer.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?