Question

I can't transfer my number using PAC

I’ve recently joined iD Mobile from Vodafone. I got sent a PAC number by Vodafone and now can’t be sent a new one for another 30 days. When trying to to transfer my number it says ‘We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again.’ I tried what everyone said and type my surname in capital letters but that didn’t work either. 

I can’t work out if my number has transferred across or not. I tried to create an iD Mobile account and when it asked me to type in my phone number, I tried my original phone number and it said it couldn’t be found, so I then tried the phone number that they sent me and they said they had sent me a security code to create my account. However I never received that code which makes me think my phone isn’t using that phone number either. Seems like I’m stuck in between 2 phone numbers??

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you give your (Vodafone) PAC to iD at the time you placed your online order @annah945?

A PAC can only be used once. 

Good luck.

Yes I think I did! So I assume they have it then? In that case, I wonder if it’s just in the process of transferring? not too sure! @andewhite 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Everything you need to know @annah945 can be found here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/switching-to-idmobile

hi @WelshPaul I’ve been using this page and when I click to keep my old number, I have issues with it telling me ‘We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted’

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

hi @WelshPaul I’ve been using this page and when I click to keep my old number, I have issues with it telling me ‘We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted’

Because you have already given the PAC to iD at the time you ordered online? 

A PAC can only be used once.

The iD timescales for number transfers are as follows:

@andewhite hmm okay thank you! Hopefully it transfers over today then😬

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

hi @WelshPaul I’ve been using this page and when I click to keep my old number, I have issues with it telling me ‘We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted’

Yea, @andewhite responded to that query… The link will provide you with the required information needed to work out how and when your port will take place (providing your PAC was submitted correctly - You said you had already provided it at the time of the order, so you should be good!)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@andewhite hmm okay thank you! Hopefully it transfers over today then😬

What date did you request for your number transfer @annah945

@andewhite I’m now thinking it was either Sunday or Monday🤔but I do also remember when I ordered it through mobiles.co.uk, I think it asked me what date I wanted my number transferred and the first date was today, so I'm probably being inpatient and getting ahead of myself!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your old Vodafone SIM has stopped working, then transfer is probably today.

You’d normally get messages from old and new service providers, about the number transfer and its timing.

Anyway, good luck.

@andewhite hm it’s not stopped working yet- I’ll leave it for today and see what happens, thanks !!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps ask “mobiles.co.uk” to confirm the date you requested for your number transfer?

You should get messages from your old and new service providers, about your mobile number transfer and its scheduling - good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @annah945,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you still require assistance with this.

If so please drop us a PM and we will help you out.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?