Solved

I cannot create an account for my sister. Please help.

• 27 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

My sister has recently changed over to iD mobile. I have tried creating an account for her using the number. I have attempted this using her phone - this method did not send the authentication SMS message needed to create the account. I have also tried to create the account over the computer, however this is even more frustrating; either the page endlessly loads after submitting the number and year of birth, or a “Your HTTP is being throttled” message appears.

I would like assistance in creating her account especially as she desperately needs to top-up.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 27 January 2022, 23:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Abdullah Afzal, it sounds like iD have a problem with their back-end systems.

You may be better of waiting until tomorrow before trying to register again.

What type of iD SIM plan is your sister using - PAYG or a monthly contract paid by direct debit?

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite 

Thanks for the reply. My sister is currently on PAYG. Would there be any way of topping-up her balance without creating an account, as the matter is of urgency. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could try calling 7777 from your sister’s mobile, and see if there’s an option to top-up via the iD automated telephone service.

If not, try and register for an iD My Account online again.

If that fails, your sister will need to use Live Chat to get this sorted.

Make sure you chat between 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends, so you chat to a person in the iD customer support team.

Type “talk to a person” once you get connected in order to avoid the 24/7 chat-bot.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Made the account today, thanks for the guidance Mr. Andewhite !

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Made the account today, thanks for the guidance Mr. Andewhite !

Glad to hear @andewhite  was able to help guide you here!

Why iD Mobile?