Question

I closed my old account, do I have to open a neew one?

• 27 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I had an account with iD-Mobile in July this year, because I bought a SIM to use for the holiday to have more data. I have a contract with EE. Because I liked the service and the value for money of iD-Mobile, I have now decided to switch to EE and I have now closed my old iD-Mobile account SIM [REDACTED], to avoid any confusion. In the meantime I have received my new iD-Mobile SIM card [REDACTED], which will become active on 2023-1219. I have already setup the direct debit with iD-Mobile for my 12-months contract. Will I have to open a brand new account with iD-Mobile?

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It seems like you want to transfer your number from EE to your new 12-month SIM only plan at iD Mobile - is that correct @dsk05a? 

If you’ve received the SIM for mobile number ending 801, the SIM card is active and already connected to the iD Mobile network, ready to use.

In addition, I’d advise removing the mobile numbers from your original post @dsk05a - fraudsters and scammers read forum posts, looking to steal mobile numbers etcetera. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @dsk05a 

You’ll need to register a new iD Mobile app/website account for the new account as this is completely separate to any previous account.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?