Solved

I currently have a sim only on ID mobile, and have purchased a new phone and sim deal with ID, but wish to keep the same number.

• 7 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I found a very good deal online which I could not get via going through ID direct, therefore purchased the plan online thinking it would be possible to keep my number. 

I currently have a sim only on ID mobile, and have purchased a new phone and sim deal with ID, but wish to keep the same number. Is this possible at all? If not, I will have to cancel my plan and return the phone and go to another provider which would be a shame. Please can someone confirm. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 8 January 2023, 23:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can’t move a mobile number from one iD account to another iD account @Arron Croft.

To keep the mobile number you want, port (switch) the number to another mobile service provider, and then port the number back to your new iD account.

Good luck @Arron Croft.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Arron Croft,

As @andewhite mentioned, you can’t transfer the number from one iD plan to another iD plan.

If you need help with a return, please let us know here and we’ll send you a PM to get the contract returned.

Mohammed

@Mohammed  @andewhite  Hi Both, 

So I returned my phone. Got a new one, then I got  a cheap sim to port my number to (from Giffgaff). 

The giffgaff sim arrived, I ported my number to it, no problem. I then tried to port my sim out of giffgaff to my new Id sim. It appeared it didnt work, but now I have found out from Giffgaff that my number was actually ported out to an ID mobile device but I havent got my number back and my old account is being closed? Do you know what is happening? It seems my old number is completely lost as they told me the number was transferred out on the 16th Jan but I still dont have it. 

Any help would be massively appreciated it as this is causing me a lot of issues. 

Kind regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Arron Croft 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?