Solved

I have an account would like to port a number from another provider

• 26 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I have an account with ID for my teenage son’s phone. I’d like to transfer my phone number from 3 to ID. My questions are.

1. Will I be able to use my email for a new account/dashboard. I’m using my email for my sons account
  2. Can I use the upgrade offer from ID to port my old number
  3. Will the number port work OK, How do I specify this when I order the SIM

Thanks,

Richard

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 27 June 2023, 12:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6
  1. Will I be able to use my email for a new account/dashboard. I’m using my email for my sons account

New account, yes. Existing account that you want to upgrade, no!

1. Can I use the upgrade offer from ID to port my old number

Yes!

1. Will the number port work OK, How do I specify this when I order the SIM

My advice would be to order a whole new SIM/Plan/Account. That way you can port the number you want to keep in at the time of ordering and you can then setup a whole new online account and use your email with said account (you might even get a better deal).

@WelshPaul.  Thanks for answering, very helpful.

In short I should order a new Plan/Account without referencing the account I’m using for my son. It’s still not clear to me how I can use the same email address as this seems to be part of the unique identification/naming.

How can I get a better deal when ordering a brand new account/plan.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

In short I should order a new Plan/Account without referencing the account I’m using for my son.

iD Mobile doesn’t care about your existing SIM/Account, they do not offer group plans, discounts and each SIM must have its own unique online account. You cannot use the same email address or iD Mobile account with multiple SIM’s. So, place the order as if you are a new customer and have a second email address ready to use when you’re ready to create an online account for the SIM once you receive it.

How can I get a better deal when ordering a brand new account/plan.

Have a look on comparison sites such as Uswitch or Go Compare. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @RichardM 

Glad to hear that @WelshPaul could point you in the right direction here, (thanks @WelshPaul).

Let us know if you need help with anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?