Question

I HAVENT HAD SIGNAL SINCE LAST FRIDAY! wth is going on?

• 6 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I haven’t had a signal since last Friday across multiple different counties between Gloucestershire and Coventry. What is happening?! I can’t make any calls when not on WiFi which has caused me a lot of stress, especially on my regular long journeys knowing im unable to contact the emergency or breakdown services! I’ve reset my network settings 3 times to no avail.

I’m incredibly annoyed at the lack of communication. I’m not happy paying the ridiculous prices phone companies expect these days, ID included, if I can’t even use the bloody thing! If this continues, I will file a complaint and seek to terminate my contract.

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

There was a major incident with the Three UK (the iD Mobile network partner) mobile network last Friday (1st Dec) @Yoseph Taha

Since then, have you tried: 

1. Turning off your handset.
  2. Removing the SIM, checking it is not damaged and free from finger-prints etcetera.
  3. Putting the SIM back in your handset.
  4. Restarting your device.

I had to restart my device to recover services after this incident.

Userlevel 1

I’ve removed the sim, cleaned and power cycled. Problem still persists. Sim isn’t damaged as far as I can tell.

Userlevel 1

I think I managed to fix it, I had to go into my mobile network setting and turn off the automatic network selection. I reselected ID network and then re-enabled automatic selection which seems to have worked. Bloody iPhones…

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Strange, I’ve also got an iPhone @Yoseph Taha - all I did was power-off for 15-20 minutes, then restart.

I’m using iOS 17.1.2 - maybe you’re using a different version of iOS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Yoseph Taha 

How’ve you been getting on after a switch of your network selection?

Tom

My phone is saying emergency calls only and been doing this past week I've taken my sim out checked nothing wrong and still saying it and saying no data to I've paid my bill so I know its not that x

I am using my WiFi not my data 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kay1976,

Welcome to the Community!

It seems that it may be a faulty SIM card.

Please can you test the SIM in another handset?

If you have the same issue you may need to collect a replacement from your local Curry’s store or we can get one sent out.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?