I'm leaving ID Mobile to get 100 international minutes & save on landline costs

• 8 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

If I have just 100 international minutes on my mobile plan, I can cancel the international option on my landline and save £8-12 per month. I use Whats-app to call some people so I’m not using the landline much for international calls. 100 minutes per mo nth will do nicely.

The ID Mobile 3 network does not have good reception inside my home but it is not too much of a problem as I can use the landline to phone others. If someone calls me on my mobile the call often drops which is irritating. I’m hoping that by moving to a Vodaphone network the reception will be better indoors.

So, after four years with ID Mobile, I’m leaving for the 100 international minutes and the hope of better reception. I also do not like ‘CHAT’. Sometimes a conversation with a real person solves a problem in a minute, when a Chat with a bot and to and fro Chats with a busy assistant takes 20 or more minutes to achieve a similar result.

If ID Mobile decides to add International minutes to their SIM only plans I may return. The ID Community is an excellent way of getting answers but sometimes you need an instant reply and have to resort to the awful ‘CHAT’

Au revoir.

Kash 9 months ago

Hi @Figgis,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately international minutes isn’t something that we offer.

However regarding your coverage, you can check the coverage via the link below. You’ll also be able to check the network status to see if there is any ongoing work in the area.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

Kash

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Figgis,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately international minutes isn’t something that we offer.

However regarding your coverage, you can check the coverage via the link below. You’ll also be able to check the network status to see if there is any ongoing work in the area.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

Kash

Userlevel 1

The reception is just one niggle. Your ‘Chat’ is slow and awful and the fact you can’t speak to a customer services person on a phone contract just beggars belief. We should have a choice.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

can’t speak to a customer services person on a phone contract just beggars belief. We should have a choice.

You do! Open your wallet and pay the extra that the major networks charge for such a feature. 🤷‍♂️

iD Mobile are transparent in that their support is 100% online and that they have no call centre. Their prices reflect that. 

Userlevel 1

Re. Best answer by WelshPaul.   I must have inadvertently marked it as solved.

I joined ID Mobile in July 2018. They had a call centre and offered telephone customer service back then. I didn’t use it often, only when I needed an instant reply. I preferred using the Community Forum. I get very anxious using the Chat. Trying to word your question for AI to understand and waiting for replies plus trying to get to chat with a real person is irritating. Also the person is dealing with others at the same time. So, the overall length of the Chat is much longer than if you were talking to a person on the phone.

I started looking for alternative deals on my landline and decided the only way I could save money was to drop the international calls. That was when someone mentioned a mobile company that offered a small number of international minutes on their mobile plan. I now have Unlimited minutes & texts plus the 100 international minutes and 15GB data for £6.95 per month. I will soon be switching my landline and broadband to another company for UK calls and broadband only and will be saving about £12 per month. Being on a low income that is a welcome outcome. I have no money in my wallet to shell out.

If I’m not satisfied with the new service I can leave again as I’m on a no contract, SIM only deal.

Userlevel 1

WelshPaul, I inadvertantly marked your post as a Solution. It wasn’t.

I checked my records and I have been an ID Moble customer since July 2018. 5 years is a long time. ID had a call centre back then and you could phone and speak to a person. Now, you have to CHAT. Getting through AI to Chat with a person is a challenge. Then the person you are Chatting with is dealing with more than one person and it can take some time. I find it irritating.

If I could afford to pay more money I probably would, but I’m on average wage which is not low enough to claim any benefits. The cost of living crisis is hitting me hard. Opening my wallet to pend more is not an option for me. Thanks for the suggestion.

If ID Mobile offered some international minutes I don't think I would be leaving as I don’t like change. I would use the Community more often instead of Chat.

Cheerio

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’m not an iD Mobile employee, I am just a customer like you @Figgis

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Figgis,

I’ve unmarked the best-answer for you so there’s no longer a solution to your post.

Please also refrain from making multiple topics surrouding the same issue.

I’ve merged your topics together.

As this is not a question post, I’ve converted it to a discussion.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I lost the last post after posting it as a conversation and did not intend to have two similar posts. Thanks for finding and merging them. I’m happy to close this discussion now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Figgis,

No problem, thanks for clarifying that!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?