Question

I receive emails from ID Mobile and I do not have (and have never had) an account

• 22 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I regularly receive emails from ID Mobile, addressing someone named “Lauren” as the account owner. I get notifications that my bill is ready, as well as advertisements.

I am in the US and do not have and have NEVER had an ID Mobile account. This has been going on since February 2022 and I’ve just ignored it up to this point. But now I’m getting annoyed that I keep getting the emails.

The emails appear to be “legit” from ID Mobile. They come from no-reply@email.idmobile.co.uk and are not spoofed in any way.

I have no way to login to the account (since I never created it). I don’t know the phone number (since it’s not mine), and don’t know my birthdate (since it’s not me) to reset the password on the account.

There is absolutely NO WAY to contact anyone from ID Mobile via email or web site, other than this forum.

If there is an admin or moderator who can contact me via direct message here so I  can try to resolve this problem, that would be great.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Lauren probably entered her email address incorrectly (You likely have a similar address as the account holder.) and because of that, you get her emails. You got little to no chance of iD Mobile doing anything about it tbh - Just mark the address as SPAM and move on with your life?

No way it’s even close to my real email address. It’s a woman’s name (at least I think so … can’t really assume that these days), and I’m not. I’d just like to make sure it’s not some fraud attempt using my information.

You’re probably right though, should just cut bait and direct it to spam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @notacustomer,

Welcome to the Community!

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?