Question

I seem to have two phone numbers and text messaging wont work

• 2 October 2023
  • 12 replies

I switched to ID mobile a few months ago from EE. 
I specifically said I wantd to keep my old number. Since being with ID I seem to have two phone numbers and i have to switch between them to make calls, I am not sure which number others see or which one im using at any time, often people dont pick up my calls as they dont recognise the “new number” (that I never wanted!). Also I can’t seem to send any texts from either number. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like your number transfer might not have been completed properly @Ilsa Parry

Have you had a chat with iD customer service about this, using the online Live Chat?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ilsa Parry 

I’d recommend trying a network settings reset to see if this helps;

For iPhone;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For Android;

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

Let us know how you get on.

Tom

I have followed this advice, I still have two numbers, I labelled my old (number that I actually want) as “old” and the unwanted second number as “secondary” I just tried to send a text message from “old” and it tells me “an error occurred and your account is signed out of imessage you may miss messages as a result, please go to setting to address this issue” I went to settings and all it does is show me both numbers and say both can be used…. So I clicked ignore and tried to send the text message again, still comes back as undelivered….

For the calls, I still cant call anyone using my old number (the only number I wanted)… The call just wont go through and shuts down….

Its only letting me call with the “secondary” new number that I didnt want 

I have tried to call customer services but cant find a number and the live chat AI function is crap and doesnt understand...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

For the calls, I still cant call anyone using my old number (the only number I wanted)… The call just wont go through and shuts down….

Its only letting me call with the “secondary” new number that I didnt want 

I have tried to call customer services but cant find a number and the live chat AI function is crap and doesnt understand...

Hey @Ilsa Parry, to avoid the AI function when using the online chat, just type “talk to a person” after connecting to get through to a real person.

Meanwhile, I recommend the following steps:-

1. Turn OFF your iPhone.
  2. Remove the iD SIM card and check it’s clean and undamaged.
  3. Wait for at least 45-minutes.
  4. Pop the iD SIM back in your iPhone.
  5. Restart your iPhone.

🤞

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Ilsa Parry,

Are you able to let us know if you’re using an iPhone or an android device? It sounds like the temporary iD number is reflecting in your phone settings when it shouldn’t be.

-Lauren

Using an Iphone 14 pro max

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ilsa Parry 

Please try the following and confirm if the number showing is the correct one;

Settings > Phone > My Number

If not, please correct it to the desired phone number.

In terms of the business and personal number setting on the iPhone, you may need to speak directly to Apple for support on how to only have one number in this setting.

Tom

I followed these steps and found under device info that two numbers are listed

My old number that I wanted to keep

And the new number that i didnt ask for

This doesnt fix or change anything i still cant send texts and I still have two phone numbers

I am getting highly frustrated now. Can an agent please call me or can you provide me a phone number to speak with a human to try and find a resolution?

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I followed these steps and found under device info that two numbers are listed

I am getting highly frustrated now. Can an agent please call me or can you provide me a phone number to speak with a human to try and find a resolution?

Thanks

There isn’t a telephone support helpline at iD Mobile - help & support is 100% online @Ilsa Parry.

The agents don’t usually call customers, except when a complaint has been made.

Then Id like to make a complaint because my issue hasnt been resolved

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The process is explained online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ilsa Parry 

I’d recommend speaking directly to Apple for support on their device.

The complaints procedure is linked above by @andewhite.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?