Question

I transferred my number from vodafone, now all my vodafone clients can't call me?

• 19 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can reset my phone. It looks as though the number has not been migrated properly from Vodafone and now clients are having to call me on Whatsapp which is not greatly professional. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When did the port take place and have you tried powering down the device and turning it back on?

Morning Paul, its definitely a migration issue as I have tried to reset everything and it only affects Vodafone callers. I transferred my number from vodafone and its never been right. I think unless, I can get ID Mobile to fix the issue, I will have to look at other providers as its starting to affect business as clients are having to revert to calling me on Whatsapp. Thank you for your suggestion. Frank 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If ongoing after 24 hours of the port taking place and a power cycle hasn't helped then you have a split port issue.

iD Mobile will need to contact Vodafone and it's most likely a case of some files may have not been sent to iD Mobile from the losing provider (Vodafone) and this is causing the connection issue. iD Mobile will be able to rectify this, however, that process means they need to contact the porting team at the losing provider to ask for those files. As far as I'm aware this takes up to 72 hours.

Thank you Paul, hopefully they are on the case!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Frank1975, just checking in to see if this is all sorted now?

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory, 

No, its still unresolved. ID sent me a new SIM which has changed nothing. They are currently speaking with Vodafone to try and resolve, although they still think its a signal strength issue, even though it only affects Vodafone callers and I can call them ok. 

Regards 

Frank 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sorry to hear this, @Frank1975. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?