I’ve transferred my number over to iD, but the wrong number is showing when I text

• 6 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello, I transferred my number but when I text it shows.from.tje wrong number. I have seen other posts about this and checked the settings but on my Google and Samsung account the correct number is showing.

It seems strange that it's fine when making phone calls but not texts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Mohammed 1 year ago

Hey @Luke Butcher,

The issue is to do with Android Messaging.

Head to the Messages app

Tap Settings then find Advanced Settings

Look for Chat Features

Turn this feature off and restart.

Should work fine after.

Mohammed

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Luke Butcher,

The issue is to do with Android Messaging.

Head to the Messages app

Tap Settings then find Advanced Settings

Look for Chat Features

Turn this feature off and restart.

Should work fine after.

Mohammed

I ordered my id mobile and new sim, which arrived the day later. When ordering I placed a pac code in before checking out as requested, it stated my number would change over to my original number which I wanted to keep on Tuesday 25th (today) I have tried all recommended action but my new phone is still using a different number. What am I supposed to do to keep my old number like requested???

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I ordered my id mobile and new sim, which arrived the day later. When ordering I placed a pac code in before checking out as requested, it stated my number would change over to my original number which I wanted to keep on Tuesday 25th (today) I have tried all recommended action but my new phone is still using a different number. What am I supposed to do to keep my old number like requested???

Number transfers do happen immediately @Shan-Hayley Bateson
It can sometimes take until 10pm for the port to be properly completed by iD Mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Shan-Hayley Bateson 

Numbers ports can take between 8am and 10pm on the date selected/given, please let us know how you’re getting on.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?