Solved

ID account cancelled by ID in error

• 4 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

i have an ID account which is £7 for unlimited calls and texts and 20gb of data.  After a month i was offered an upgrade of £8 for unlimited text and calls and 30gb of data.  The new plan was set up and i received confirmation.  When nothing happened, i spoke to the assistant on line and was told i couldnt keep my number which is contrary to what i saw in community chat.  An being told this, i told them to cancel the upgrade and i would keep my original plan as i want to keep my number.  Yesterday, i received an email saying my plan had been cancelled and that ID are sorry to see me go.  As i requested to revert to my original plan with my existing number, i dont understand why i have received this email.  Is my account councilled and how do i get this sorted out as there is no one to go to for help.  If not, please provide me with a pac text number and i will change company.  TYVM

From Confused and fed up.

icon

Best answer by Sandra Hilton 5 July 2023, 13:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It sounds like you didn’t actually upgrade your existing account, you took out a second contract? Probably the reason why you were told you cannot keep your old number is because you cannot port a number from one iD Mobile account to another. So, when you told the advisor that you wanted to cancel, he/she cancelled the new contract as per your instructions. Does your old number still work @Sandra Hilton?

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the feedback.  when i took up the upgrade offer, it was confirmed to me and i received a new sim which i didnt use as i want to keep my existing number.  I read on here that i could keep my number, just dont activate the new one sent to me.  Nothing happened for a couple of weeks so i thought it would change when my current months contract was up.  So im not sure where i am now as i got this email saying sorry im leaving.  Have they just cancelled the upgrade as i requested or have they cancelled everything.  My phone is still working at the moment but the next payment is due on the 14th July.  Im 70 yrs old and cannot do without my mobile phone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

This isn’t an upgrade as such, just a change of plan. Without looking at your account, all one can do is speculate. I know iD Mobile sends out a new SIM when upgrading contracts that come with a handset, but I am sure they don’t send out new SIM’s when changing plans. Even if iD Mobile does send out a new SIM when upgrading, you continue to use the old SIM. The new SIM isn’t active unless you initiate the SIM swap from within your online account.

You should speak to a live agent and confirm that the number you want to keep is not pending cancellation. You can do that here. If you prefer, you can wait for an iD Mobile employee to respond to your post here, but it might take a couple of days.

Userlevel 1

Thanks i will speak to an adviser.  appreciate your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sandra Hilton 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?