Question

ID account does not show my current plan

Userlevel 1

I am an existing ID mobile customer. I had a £10 pay monthly sim only contract until July 2020.

I upgraded to phone and sim contract in July 2020 to £35.99 monthly contract via direct debit.

I kept my same number as transferred to another network before retransferring back to an ID sim.

I have logged to my ID account on after upgrade in July 2020 and my old plan was still present. I read it can take up to 14 days so allowed more time to pass.

It is now 9 months on and I am still unable to see my correct plan data and usage. My phone/plan has been fine up until this point. On the day of paying my contract this month, I had no data or texts. I was confused by this as I never usually run out and pretty sure I had unlimited texts, hence the reason I am getting in touch. I need to access my plan data/usage details to identify why I cannot use my phone as normal. 

I do use my mobile for work hence the upgrade so I need to sort this ASAP. However I cannot identify a contact number that isn’t automated and the chatbot, despite multiple attempts, does not understand my question. 

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Amyhall 

As you mentioned in your Post that you transferred your number to another network and then transferred it back to ID Mobile, this means that you had taken out a new contract in July 2020 and not an upgrade. If you had taken out an upgrade deal then your number will have remained the same. As you had taken out a new deal, this would mean you will need to create a new iD account for this plan. You can do this in the link below:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

I’ve tried the link and it takes me to the login page. I’m already registered hence why I cannot new-register with my same details. I have made a data request for my first account to be deleted however still waiting for that to happen.

thanks for your help, but I tried your idea before posting my issue 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Amyhall,

Which channel was it you made that request through sorry?

Have you tried registering all over again, but using a different email address to the one you used last time?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @Will 

Through Dixon’s Carphone warehouse as I saw a link on another thread a few days ago. It was acknowledged last Friday so assuming still in the process.

with ID registering it asks for surname, date of birth and mobile number. Once I enter my details it automatically reverts me back to login as states I already have an account. So I can’t get around it with an alternative email. I did do that initially in July 2020 when my contract commenced but no new plan present and was told to wait 14 days. 

ive never had this issue before with any other provider, I’m baffled!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Amyhall 

When registering for the first time, are you entering your ported number in? Please can you leave the mobile number to the original number given to you when you had received the sim in June and use a new email address from the one you had previously used? If you are unable to find out this information, please let us know and we will send you a private message regarding this.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mohsin 

I have registered with original number when purchased product. The ported number had issues so I reverted to original phone number before registering. I have attempted to do again with my ported number and it says ‘your ID mobile number was not recognised. Please enter the number we gave you when you purchased product’.

Today my data, calls and texts came back on. I also received a text saying ‘Your bill for this month is ready to view online or in the iD app. If you pay by Direct Debit, payment will be taken on or around 04-05-2021. If not, please log into the iD app or my.idmobile.co.uk and pay by 04-05-2021.’

i logged in using the link and still old account details.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

How strange @Amyhall .

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to see if we can get the old details removed for you.

Will

I have the same issue. I restarted with ID in the summer but my account only shows my lapsed details from 2017.

I can’t register a new account as it says the details entered are incorrect, when I have only put in my phone number, surname and year of birth, and clicked that I’m not a robot.

My account is available via the Android app without logging in but I need to be able to reach it from my laptop.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @smokieUK 

As you are rejoining iD Mobile you will need to register with a new emails address.

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Thanks Michelle, but as I said above “I can’t register a new account as it says the details entered are incorrect, when I have only put in my phone number, surname and year of birth, and clicked that I’m not a robot.”

I don’t even get as far as putting in an email address.

I have tried using different browsers and different devices. I have deleted cookies.

What next?

Thanks

Geoff

I should add that I entered my actual phone number which was ported in to ID, and als the phone number which was on the SIM you sent me.

I’d be glad to provide those numbers in a  PM so you can test.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @smokieUK,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue. Rejoined IDmobile and I can only see my old account details. Ported my number out with PAC code in July 2021 and back to ID again last week.

I would rather return the phone and cancel the contract (I’m still within my 28 days from purchase) than register with a new email address (What sort of system is that!)

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @drmrl, no problem. If you want to request a return, just contact the Live Chat team here https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

I jumped the gun. You don't need a new email address if your email provider allows for dummy characters in the address 

Eg first.last@provider.com is the same as firstlast@provider.com if provider.com supports that!

Why iD Mobile?