Solved

Id charged a cancellation fee when out of contract.

• 24 April 2023
  • 7 replies

My 2 year contract ended and I then went on sim only before switching providers, Id sent a pac code, but said I owed £65, 10x my monthly charge, I have been unable to get an answer from Id why I owe this amount and they have now ruined my credit file by marking it as missed payments
any idea why they say I owe them?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 25 April 2023, 12:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How did you change to SIM only plan after the minimum term of your 24-month handset contract finished @Flash1960?

When the iD contract minimum term ends - if you don’t change or update - you change to a rolling 1-month plan (at the same monthly rate), and need to give 30-days notice to cancel your plan, unless you use a PAC or STAC from iD to switch to another service provider.

“before changing providers, Id sent a pac code” 1st line of question.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks @Flash1960.

If you request a PAC from iD Mobile before your contract minimum term has finished, iD tell you the early termination fee for your contract. Maybe that’s why you saw £65 was owed.

iD community members can’t access iD customer accounts, so it’s difficult to know exactly why you owed £65. Unfortunately, only iD can tell you why, but they haven’t done so satisfactorily.

Good luck @Flash1960.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Sounds like your existing contracts minimum term had come to an end and then you changed to a sim only plan (likely a plan that had a minimum term of 12 months). A few weeks later you ported out? If I’m correct then this is where the the 10 month early termination fee has come from. However, it’s best you speak to a live agent and ask them because all we can do is speculate! Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Flash1960 

It sounds like @andewhite & @WelshPaul could be correct here, have you been in contact to check the situation?

Please let us know if you still require assistance so we can reach out.

Tom

Hi Tom, Yes I do still need help please
I cannot log in and live chat isnt working for me.
I want to understand why I have 2 missed payments recorded on my credit file, I know you invoiced me and received no payment, however, I did go on live chat ages ago and couldnt get the advisor to understand what my complaint was, we ended the call with her saying that she would raise it as a complaint if I wanted, but this didnt happen and I had been waiting for a reply until recently when I am struggling with the system to get an answer, I am quite happy to settle the invoice if I was incorrect in thinking I was out of contract, however, it wasnt made clear that when I moved from a plan to a monthly sim only, that this was also a contract that would have a leaving fee, let alone one many times more than my monthly payment

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Flash1960 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?