Question

ID Mobile SIM won't work in Huawei B535-232

• 21 December 2022
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 1

First Post on here, so not 100% sure where it should go.

As per the title, I have a Huawei B535-232, it works fine with a Lebara SIM, and looks to work ok with a Three SIM, but the iD Mobile SIM is not recognised by the router. 

I wondered if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone knows if there’s anything special / unique about the iD Mobile SIMS?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

31 replies

Userlevel 1

We released the “all-in-one” SIM plans around 2017 which replaced our previous plans of Shockproof, Takeaway and GoTo, combining the features.

There was also a change a few years ago when Apple made a change that stopped iD SIMs working in their new release at the time.

@Mohammed Thanks for the info above, I lifted it out of your reply as I could not work out how to edit it properly..

Please can you ask your tech teams when the last physical or firmware changes were made to the iD SIMs? I’ve now tried SIMs from Three, O2, Voda & EE in the router and they all work, it’s just the iD SIM that won’t work.  

Overall I’m happy with the iD services and would like to add broadband in addition to my mobile from iD, but this issue is stopping that.  

I made an account just to reply to this as I have the same problem and this is one of the first pages that comes up google.

Did you ever find out the problem?

I found that my older sims worked but new sims do not including Vodafone, 3 and ee. However older sims that I’ve had for a couple of years did work including Vodafone and id.

I know the router had an update last year and when I tried new sims after that they never worked. 

Have you had the SIM cards that worked for a while and is the id sim you tried quite new by any chance?

Userlevel 1

I made an account just to reply to this as I have the same problem and this is one of the first pages that comes up google.

I found that my older sims worked but new sims do not including Vodafone, 3 and ee. However older sims that I’ve had for a couple of years did work including Vodafone and id.

I know the router had an update last year and when I tried new sims after that they never worked. 

Have you had the SIM cards that worked for a while and is the id sim you tried quite new by any chance?

Good to know that I’m not the only one with this problem.

I think there’s been a change to the firmware or physical makeup of the SIM cards but exactly what it is & when it happened  remains a mystery. As usual, it’s not an easy task to get directly in touch with anyone that would know the answer.

In my case the router firmware update made no difference, the iD SIMs did not work before or after the upgrade from V10.x to V11.x. All of my iD SIMs have been supplied since about August 2022 and all of them do not work on the B535-222. 

Interesting that you had problems with Voda & EE as both seemed to work fine on my router. I have an old USB SIM card reader, it also could not read the iD cards.

The only thing I didn’t try was going to Currys and getting a replacement SIM from the shop on the basis that their stock might be a bit older, but I got conflicting answers about this being a free or chargeable service so I’ve not done that.

I bought it second-hand from cex and it still has warranty so if I don’t find out the problem I’m taking it back

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Good to know that I’m not the only one with this problem.

I think there’s been a change to the firmware or physical makeup of the SIM cards but exactly what it is & when it happened  remains a mystery. As usual, it’s not an easy task to get directly in touch with anyone that would know the answer.

In my case the router firmware update made no difference, the iD SIMs did not work before or after the upgrade from V10.x to V11.x. All of my iD SIMs have been supplied since about August 2022 and all of them do not work on the B535-222. 

Interesting that you had problems with Voda & EE as both seemed to work fine on my router. I have an old USB SIM card reader, it also could not read the iD cards.

The only thing I didn’t try was going to Currys and getting a replacement SIM from the shop on the basis that their stock might be a bit older, but I got conflicting answers about this being a free or chargeable service so I’ve not done that.

@Cancunia replacement SIMs via Currys are free.

They did used to cost £5.00 previously but this has since been removed and no longer carries the charge.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We released the “all-in-one” SIM plans around 2017 which replaced our previous plans of Shockproof, Takeaway and GoTo, combining the features.

There was also a change a few years ago when Apple made a change that stopped iD SIMs working in their new release at the time.

@Mohammed Thanks for the info above, I lifted it out of your reply as I could not work out how to edit it properly..

Please can you ask your tech teams when the last physical or firmware changes were made to the iD SIMs? I’ve now tried SIMs from Three, O2, Voda & EE in the router and they all work, it’s just the iD SIM that won’t work.  

Overall I’m happy with the iD services and would like to add broadband in addition to my mobile from iD, but this issue is stopping that.  

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?