Question

iD Mobile unable to take payment by direct debit and referred my case to debt collectors

• 1 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I have been with iD Mobile for years, last year I wanted to take out another SIM card which I set up a separate direct debit (DD) for. For months iD Mobile, for whatever reason, couldn’t manage the simple task of taking one DD debit from account 1 for sim 1, and a separate DD for sim 2 from bank account 2. They blamed Natwest for months and I took out a case against them. Natwest came back to me to prove that each month iD Mobile would amend my DD every month and take it from the wrong account. This never actually got sorted and I just ended up paying a double bill from one account. 

In December I no longer needed the second sim so I cancelled it. I did it via a chat and asked them to read back to me which sim they were cancelling. It was all correct so I assumed no more DD’s would be taken from that account. I was wrong. Another bill was paid for from the wrong account so I cancelled that DD. I then went abroad in Jan and swapped out my iD sim for a roaming sim on another network. I thought all was well until I receive a notice from a debt collection agency who inform me I owe £78 and they have been assigned to collect it from me?! 

I received ZERO emails about this from iD. I was only receiving the useless monthly newsletters and the usual monthly “your bill is due” emails. So they were able to contact me, but were incapable of sending me an email to inform me none of my DD’s were being paid. Let me remind you this is because they were trying to take payment from the DD I cancelled. The one I have open (I have screenshots of this) has been open for years and was the DD for the sim I’ve had since circa 2015. 

I have been trying to contact iD Mobile but, of course, they have no call centre. I go to their “complain online” section of the “help centre” and it simply asks me to “click the button below”. Lo and behold, there is no such button. 

I am at my wits end over this and need this mark against my credit rating reversed immediately. I am also serving notice that I wish to make a formal complaint, I am having to do it here because there is simply no other way I can contact this poor excuse for an organisation. I have also submitted a subject access request which has yet to be provided so I can detail the many many conversations I’ve had surrounding my DDs and the apparent confusion these are causing iD Mobile. Such a complicated matter, I know….

I’d like someone from iD to reach out to me to acknowledge this complaint and notify me of next steps. I absolutely need this “unpaid bill/debt” reversed because I do not want this to tarnish my credit rating when this is entirely iD’s fault. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @lauraalice 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

I am having the same problem every time I go on a link it says it doesn't exist and even though there is money in my account it won't accept payment. is there a human anywhere at this organisation?

Nope. They refuse to take a call. Only “chat” is available. I have been having issues with them being “unable to take my direct debit payments” for 12 months now. I’ve also been talking with them via message boards for over a month. This company is an absolute joke and shouldn’t be in business. I am now talking to the Ombudsman as I am getting nowhere with this poor excuse for an organisation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @lauraalice,

We are sorry that you feel this way.

I can see that your issue is being looked into via PM and we will get back to you there.

If you wish to escalate this to the Ombudsman you are welcome to do so.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?