Solved

iD Network performance

• 14 June 2022
  • 5 replies

All things being equal, is iD customer Nerwork performance speed & coverage exactly the same as customers of 3 direct?  Or 3's customers get bandwith priority over iD customers?  Fyi Smarty confirmed that 3 customers get bandwith priority.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 14 June 2022, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Thanks both, very considered & helpful.

Regards

Peter

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

EE are overpriced and offer poor coverage where I live (I live in Swansea).

Anyway, I use Smarty and have had no issues with my service. Fastest speed test was over 800MB, the slowest being over 400MB. I also have an iD mobile pay monthly phone that my son uses and can't say he has experienced any issues either.

I think all MVNO network have a lower priority but it must rarely be an issue otherwise they wouldn't remain in business.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Objectively, I couldn’t say - however, subjectively having used three UK for a number of years and then switched to iD Mobile, I haven’t noticed any real difference.

If you want great mobile network performance, then consider using EE - if you can live with their prices.

Thanks andewhite. So do you consider that iD customer Nerwork performance speed & coverage exactly the same as customers of 3 direct? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That could very well be different for iD as they’re independent of three, whereas SMARTY is three’s budget offering and wholly owned by three.

Why iD Mobile?