Solved

iD Network performance

• 14 June 2022
  • 5 replies

All things being equal, is iD customer Nerwork performance speed & coverage exactly the same as customers of 3 direct?  Or 3's customers get bandwith priority over iD customers?  Fyi Smarty confirmed that 3 customers get bandwith priority.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 14 June 2022, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That could very well be different for iD as they’re independent of three, whereas SMARTY is three’s budget offering and wholly owned by three.

Thanks andewhite. So do you consider that iD customer Nerwork performance speed & coverage exactly the same as customers of 3 direct? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Objectively, I couldn’t say - however, subjectively having used three UK for a number of years and then switched to iD Mobile, I haven’t noticed any real difference.

If you want great mobile network performance, then consider using EE - if you can live with their prices.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

EE are overpriced and offer poor coverage where I live (I live in Swansea).

Anyway, I use Smarty and have had no issues with my service. Fastest speed test was over 800MB, the slowest being over 400MB. I also have an iD mobile pay monthly phone that my son uses and can't say he has experienced any issues either.

I think all MVNO network have a lower priority but it must rarely be an issue otherwise they wouldn't remain in business.

Thanks both, very considered & helpful.

Regards

Peter

Why iD Mobile?