Solved

Identity fraud and royal mail disruption

• 7 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Last month, someone committed Identity fraud and set up two phone contract (one with Tesco's and one with ID mobile & Currys). I reported the fraud to tesco mobile who where able to resolve the issue and Currys in-store (ID mobile sister company) and was under the impression that both Currys and ID mobile would investigate the fraud further.

I today received a final demand notice from ID mobile which arrived a week later than the posted date and received.

There is no way to email ID mobile directly so can we resolve this issue through the community 

Action fraud number;

NFRC230105598353

icon

Best answer by AS1966 8 January 2023, 12:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Spoke to an agent on the live chat who was helpful in getting the case sent to the relevant team. Waiting for the conclusion of the investigation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @AS1966,

Glad to hear you have been able to report the fraudulent contract.

Our Fraud Team should investigate this within 30-days and send you a letter confirming any action taken once confirmed as fraudulent.

You should have a reference number, keep this recorded somewhere if you ever need to chase this up.

I’ve marked it as resolved as you’ve confirmed it’s now been reported but if you need further support, please let us know here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?