Question

IDENTITY THEFT - FRAUD CASE

• 26 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Realised over a month ago that my account had been hacked and I was paying a whole contract for someone else for the last 9 months - since January 2023. ID has been so unhelpful. There’s no one to actually speak to and when you eventually call the number, you’re on hold for at least 30 minutes. The bank has refunded me and I’ve made a case with Action Fraud Cybercrime unit but when checking in with ID, you can only speak with a bot on a chat. 

I reported this case over a month ago then found out ID only reported it on 3 October and it takes up to 30 days to be resolved. There is a fraudulent email address in my account which I previously reported multiple times and ID said it had been updated on their system so my real email would be contacted. Today I have found out they’ve “been trying to contact me for more information” but I’ve had no missed calls or emails. I’m so frustrated as ID are continuously contacting me about paying my fraudulent bills and nothing is being resolved. 

Can a human being please update me and explain what on earth is going on?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

... when checking in with ID, you can only speak with a bot on a chat. 

Can a human being please update me and explain what on earth is going on?

To chat online with an agent, and avoid the 24/7 bot, type “talk to a person” @Azariayo

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

However, I’d recommend contacting iD customer service privately about this case, using their social media channels, with Facebook Messenger or by X (Twitter) DM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Azariayo,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that you managed to get in touch with somebody.

However if you still require any assistance, please feel free to get back to us here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?