Question

imessage and facetime not working

• 21 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

my iMessages and FaceTime is not working after porting my number to ID Mobile last Monday. 

I have contacted Apple and all of my phone setting have been checked and are correct. They informed me that ID mobile have not properly activated my account to allow for iMessages and FaceTime. 

Please can you help

thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

A Mobile has no control over iMessages and/or Facetime as these are Apple services.

However, when attempting to activate either service, Apple sends a text in the background to your phone in order to verify you are the owner of said number and it’s likely that this process fails. I recommend that you perform a network reset on your iPhone.

• If you're using iOS or iPadOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  • If you're using iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Thank you. I have completed all checks on my iPhone and had Apple look at this too. Apple engineers have told me it is my network provider that has not properly activated my account because all of my phone settings are correct. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @GS10 

Please try the following;

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with the above please retry with flight mode enabled and/or the SIM card removed.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?