Question

iMessage not activating after number port

• 3 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve read various threads here and haven’t found a solution. Tried all the tips on resetting network settings, restart phone, hard reset, disabling enabling iMessage/FaceTime, signing in/out iCloud, checking the phone number settings, removing/inserting sim, resetting on apple’s site etc etc etc

Nothing has worked. I want to reach out to id mobile but there’s not a single place I can find on the website that allows me to do that. It’s just the forums and chat bot that doesn’t put you through to an advisor.

From Apple support:

It might take up to 24 hours for your carrier to verify your phone number with Apple. Contact your carrier to make sure that you can send and receive SMS messages and wait up to 24 hours after you try the troubleshooting steps above.

So it’s possible that it’s not been verified yet. Would love to contact iD but don’t see an option for it.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve just been on the phone with Apple. Did a screenshare, I wasn’t able to send an SMS to a short code and they confirmed the issue was that international SMS not being configured was the culprit. How am I supposed to contact support for this?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps try the online iD Live Chat for support @sooper - the agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

A strange response from Apple though.

Userlevel 1

Looks like Safari was blocking the live chat button for anyone else not seeing it. I’ll report back to this thread as things progress. Thanks @andewhite 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the mobile number you switched over to iD Mobile is linked to another (older) Apple device?

Not sure, but the Apple self-help article https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201422 might help.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried to update your phone number @sooper?
The following might help:-

• Add the number you want keep to your AppleID:
  1. Go to Settings > Name, Phone Numbers, Email > Contactable At
  2. Choose Edit
  3. Enter your correct number, using +44 instead of the first 0
  4. Tap Save
  • Reset iMessage settings:
  1. Go to Settings > Messages
  2. Toggle iMessage to OFF and then back to ON
  3. Once iMessage has been activated, scroll to Send & Receive to check if the right mobile number is ticked
  • Reset FaceTime settings:
  1. Go to Settings > FaceTime
  2. Toggle FaceTime to OFF and then back to ON
  3. Once FaceTime has been activated, scroll down and check if your mobile number is ticked under You can be reached by FaceTime at
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @sooper,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that you managed to get this resolved but let us know if you didn’t.

However I have come across a few users advising that it has worked after a few days but let us know if this isn’t the case.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I reached out to iD support who forwarded my case to tech support yesterday. Today, about an hour ago I was able to activate (so it took 3 days in total). Glad it’s resolved now. Thanks all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @sooper,

Glad to hear that it has been resolved for you now.

If there is anything you require assistance with in the future, please get back to us.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?